Download & Install Not Working!

Hi all, 

Excited by the prospect of getting a new campaign "Beware Beware" for the Spitfire I thought I'd purchase "Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney" for the P-51 to familiarise myself a little with what a Reflected campaign entails. However, when attempting to download and install I encounter an error. 

00003.418 STATUS: D:\Games\Installed Games\Standalone\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\Mods/campaigns/P-51D The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney/Liveries/P-51D/487th FS, Cripes Amighty 3rd by Reflected/p51D_DIF_Silver_Fuz_Front_RoughMet.dds.downloading.f7bcc7bfb2f9b511: (3) The system cannot find the path specified.

Would this indicate that file "p51D_DIF_Silver_Fuz_Front_RoughMet.dds" isn't being downloaded with the poackage and can't be installed? 

I've run a repair followed by a clean up but the issue still persists. Is the file mentioned above potentially missing from the package download? 

Any help would be very much appreciated! 

Simon

3 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Most likely you have exceeded the maximum path lenght supported by windows (260 characters) ...  there is no easy fix, why you installed DCS at "D:\Games\Installed Games\Standalone\Eagle Dynamics\" ?

You could move the "DCS World OpenBeta" folder to the root of D:\  .. but then you would have to manually fix the windows shortcuts used by DCS. Maybe you should open a Support Ticket at ED Support?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your support and for reaching out. It's the first time I see this issue, as Rudel suggested perhaps it's best to open a support ticket with ED. I send them all the skins, mission files, and documentation, but  it's them uploading it to the server and setting up their installer-magic, I have no idea how that works.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help and please keep us posted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdrianL said:

You can have paths greater than 260 characters if you have Win10 Anniversary or higher. 

Worth a try, didn't knew that Windows no longer was limited to 260 character paths.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi again and thanks for your support.

I've since moved my game folder which seemed the best option so now it's slightly closer to the root thereby shortening the path and this has worked! 

Special thanks to @Rudel_chw not only on this occasion but many others where I've searched the forums and found a previous post of yours that's solved my problems! - one of the communites real diamonds!  

Many thanks 

- now lets get this campaign going! 

Simon

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SimpleSimon said:

I've since moved my game folder which seemed the best option so now it's slightly closer to the root thereby shortening the path and this has worked! 

Glad that you could solve the issue, for many users it is not easy to move folders around and fix shortcuts 🙂   ... thanks a lot for the kind words.

• Like 2