AH-64D Griffin Campaign [Version002] [Gulf of Oman] [MP, COOP 2-8]

4 minutes ago, Dagobert666 said:

....  try the mission again ...

LG
Dagobert

Thx, will do with the pleasure 💕.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, Im back with the feedback - much better now!

Spoiler

WP01 - fine!

WP02 - Im not sure that they (JTAC) lasing (I dont see the laser in NVG and my Hellfire with default laser code 1688 didnt find a laser on targets (but I saw the smoke) and didnt hit, I used 2 missiles, 0 hits, next I used George and was ok, all targets was destroyed.

WP03 - WP04 - ADF works, communication was ok

WP04 - I didnt see in this mission this car with 23mm gun very close to this point I was unnecessarily careful;)

WP05 - when was back route I noticed 3 smokes on base, I checked it and it was 3 crashed Predators.

btw. I know why I missed some of orders - speech does not always match what is displayed as text in this mission. Spoken information is more detailed (now I listened and it was better). For people whose native language is not English, it is much easier to read than to listen so here was a problem for me.

Thank you :).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Can anyone explain the process of playing this in sp? I know someone mentioned you change the other slots to AI. However, I'm a noob and have no idea where you do this. 

Sounds like a great campaign. 

4 hours ago, JJJ said:

Can anyone explain the process of playing this in sp? I know someone mentioned you change the other slots to AI. However, I'm a noob and have no idea where you do this. 

You can do this in Mission Editor (each mission) and save it. The first slot must be as Player.

@Dagobert666 Btw. In some mission is see Z-tester slot. It could be removed for SP (I didnt change this slot for AI due the name „tester”)?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

25 minutes ago, YoYo said:

You can do this in Mission Editor (each mission) and save it. The first slot must be as Player.

@Dagobert666 Btw. In some mission is see Z-tester slot. It could be removed for SP (I didnt change this slot for AI due the name „tester”)?

Yes. The Z-Tester slot is just an AH64D-HOT on the Ground. It's just a unit that I can jump into to look around and, as the name suggests, test things out. It is NOT included in all triggers. DO NOT expect the slot to be able to fly the mission normally. I will delete the SLOT once the campaign is done. Just in case someone asks: The letters in A-Player and Z-Tester are just for that, because that's sorted correctly in the slot selection list... It has nothing to do with the current geopolitical situation and I hope that the letter Z doesn't has been idiologically destroyed just because some idiot has it painted on his attacking army.

5 hours ago, JJJ said:

The easiest way.
pick a mission. For example M00

- Load this in the editor.
- Click on the green button on the left. "PLAY MISSION"
- Read the briefing. Then press Start
- Pick a slot. It must be one of the "A-Player" group. Definitely not a "Z-Tester". Preferably the one with the lowest "Onboard" number.---- Then press OK.
- Then read the briefing again^^ and press Fly.

The downside, you're alone. No wingman. But that's how I tested the missions myself. In this way EVERYTHING will always trigger. But you're on your own...

The Complicated Way.

-Load the mission back into the EDITOR.
-Press Unit List on the left. the symbol is: "triangle, diamond, square".
- Sort by group name.
- Search for A-PLAYER
-Click on Unit 1 "PLAYER-1"
-The group information is now on the right edge of the screen.
-Important for you: the entry     "UNIT: < > 1    of    < > 4
-For example, if it says "UNIT: < > 2    of    < > 4. Then press the arrows in front of the 2 (definitely not in front of the 4) until it says 1.
-Then click on SKILL and change from Client to Player.
-Then click on "UNIT: < > 2    of    < > 4 and put on the SKILL to ACE.
Now you click on the arrows in front of the 4 and set the number down to 2.
-Then save. and "PLAY MISSION"......

The downside is that the AI wingman is currently as dumb as 10m dirt road. And most of the time it doesn't end up where you're supposed to at the end of the mission. And the "Mission Accomplished" triggers are usually designed in such a way that ALL units from the "A-PLAYER" group that are still alive must have ended up in the LZ. otherwise you won't get the "credits"...

The sixth was done, what a great mission! Wow. Perhaps I know which the real mission was inspiration ;). Very nice job!

IrS2HpWh.jpg

10icSkuh.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

14 hours ago, YoYo said:

The sixth was done, what a great mission! Wow. Perhaps I know which the real mission was inspiration ;). Very nice job!

IrS2HpWh.jpg

10icSkuh.jpg

"Napun's Spear" of course 🙂

2 hours ago, Busman_XY said:

Hey Dagobert, this campaign preview looks very promising.

I only testet the first mission and looking forward to fly the others.

Just need to find time to fly the other missions with my buddies.🙄

I'm looking forward to your feedback 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dagobert666 said:

"Napun's Spear" of course 🙂

Exactly!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ok. I did the seventh mission (it was "third time lucky" for me 😅). 

Fortunately, the last patch made some changes to the threat display so it's a big help.

mEwAborh.jpg

So all missions was done! Im ready to test the next package sometime! :bye_2:

Great missions, spending time for me and your work of course!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

Ok. I did the seventh mission (it was "third time lucky" for me 😅). 

Fortunately, the last patch made some changes to the threat display so it's a big help.

mEwAborh.jpg

So all missions was done! Im ready to test the next package sometime! :bye_2:

Great missions, spending time for me and your work of course!

Thanks alot. The last 3 to 4 missions will probably be tackled by me in September...

But I can offer you Mission 8 (aka M07) here as a single download. It hasn't been tested by me yet. But it's fully playable. What I've noticed is that the "Sound to All" feature I use for most of the voice overs is kinda quiet on this mission. I can't figure out why though. Whether it's because of the last patch... I don't know. In any case, the sound files are just as loud as all the others before them. I would like to know from you how well you understand the coordinates announced in the mission... But only if you want to fly the mission.

If so here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vpfh5knblunlzf/M07_AH-64_CPAT_V02.miz?dl=0

So, with these sound settings, it works pretty well. The "Helmet" option determines the volume of the voices.

20220525184330_1.jpg

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 1

Thx, I'll check it Today! 👍

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 5/25/2022 at 6:37 PM, Dagobert666 said:

But I can offer you Mission 8 (aka M07) here as a single download.....

Done (as SP)! Another superb mission!

I like this kind of CAS patrol, very good idea 🙂 !

b9uDaDh.jpg

lLfLuS9.jpg

I havent a big problem with the sound. Right, some of speeches could be a little louder but its not a big issue, I heared all (but if I can choose Id like to have all voices and orders as a text too, for people for whom English is not the first language its a good option to confirm what they understood).

One thing:

Spoiler

On target the first point, our troops use blue smoke, I saw it, but I didnt notice any red smoke, on enemy position. Nice to see smoke because George AI is stupid still and shots to frindly units too. I use all the time TADS to checking his targets 😉.

I finished in this weeked Ed Macy's "Apache", here you can find some of interesting scenarios :).

apache-p-iext72888686.jpg

Thx for Your work!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

7 minutes ago, Dagobert666 said:

PATCH001:
- Bug fixes.
- 3 New Missions (Now 10 Missions)

giphy.webp

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

M08 done. Great mission too. What I like - the fact that basically every mission is different 🙂 wow. For this mission I operated Zoom of TADS of George to see targets.

I did also M07 with 2 friends online, no any issue, perfect!

9wJksd6h.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Thanks for the replies guys. I will continue to raise the "im a noob" flag. I downloaded the files, made a folder, .miz files are inside it and DCS does not seem to see any of the .miz files. I'm 100% certain the files are inside the folder. Nothing shows up for either the game or the mission editor.  Am I missing something obvious here? I haven't had any issues with other player created missions / campaigns. All show up in game / mission editor.

null

image.jpeg

dir.jpg

So what catches my eye is ALL mission files have a size of 0KB. So no information available...

I just looked again... I just downloaded the campanie directly from ED myself. Created a new folder. Unzip the files into it. Then DCS started and everything was there. So it's not the download... 

Please try that.

1. Download again.
2. Unzip the files again in the folders.

something must have gone wrong.....

Edited by Dagobert666

20 hours ago, Dagobert666 said:

So what catches my eye is ALL mission files have a size of 0KB. So no information available...

I just looked again... I just downloaded the campanie directly from ED myself. Created a new folder. Unzip the files into it. Then DCS started and everything was there. So it's not the download... 

Please try that.

1. Download again.
2. Unzip the files again in the folders.

something must have gone wrong.....

Good eye. I didn't catch the file sizes there. Looks like it was a problem with my version of WinRAR. I updated it to the latest version and was able to extract correctly. I also did a quick test, loaded the 1st mission through the mission editor with your directions no problem. Thanks again for the help. Looking forward to trying your campaign this weekend.

2 hours ago, sterny70 said:

Sorry, i can't find this under 'Campaigns'

Regardless where i place the Missions. Additionally it doesn't look to me like a Campaign.

Just single missions.

Maybe i can get a little guidance?

Thank you

Sterny

In DCS, a campaign is an undefined number of "single" missions that build on each other. Most payware campaigns are also structured in this way. The only thing missing from my campaign is the text file that tells DCS which missions to load in order. That's coming. As soon as I'm done with that. At the moment the whole thing is still in preview/beta status. Just play the missions in the order M00,M01,M02......M09.... Then you get exactly the same result as if the campaign text were already finished.

The correct path is: USER NAME---> Saved Games----> DCS----> Missions---> "Make a new folder there"

Then you can load and play every single mission via the editor. Or load on a server. It's an MP campaign and servers need the missions individually anyway, as far as I know.