Auto-Rudder Option for less-abled peoples

RaceFuel85

50 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Wouldn't using buttons mean you get either 0% or 100%, but nothing in between?

Yes, it's binary.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Wouldn't using buttons mean you get either 0% or 100%, but nothing in between?

No. There's an onset rate. You can tap, or taptaptap, or hold, etc. It sometimes depends on the module. 

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Yes, it's binary.

Not quite. See above. 

Edited by Bailey
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Not quite. See above

Run the game and check for yourself, will you?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I think a twist stick is fine for the Tomcat. I do think you need a lot of curve, though. Like 30 or thereabouts. It's mainly to have some precision while taxiing and to be able to fly with a centered ball. You don't need any precision at the extremes, you usually just want all you can get.

Also, if you are having trouble steering the Tomcat down the runway, just use the roll axis once you have a little bit of speed.

1 hour ago, Katj said:

I think a twist stick is fine for the Tomcat. I do think you need a lot of curve, though. Like 30 or thereabouts.

I'm a Hornet driver, and I actually have it around 50(!) or so, and unless the winds are just ridiculous, I'm managing to stay more or less centerish on the runway.  Same for landings, as long as the approach is stable.  When I decide to do a 180 and drop 4,000' just to land on a runway I just saw go by, not so much lol.

It's embarrassing, too, because I am (or was before my disability, but it's at least hypothetically possible I'll get my legs working again) a pilot in RL.  Not commercial, just a PP, ASEL (with an IR), but if I could use rudder pedals I know how to hold the damn centerline!  Then again, an F/A-18C has about as much power as several hundred of my old 172RG.  I know who owns it now, and it seems it hasn't been in the air since 2015 or so, so if my legs come back, I may try to get it back cheap.  The only issue is he lives in OR and I'm in FL, but I've made that flight twice already.

• Thanks 1