Currently unable to share SPI over network when using the targeting pod. Only steerpoints. Work around is to create markpoints which can be shared. TGP is set to point track mode to track target, HSD is the SOI, COMM-in long press. To my understanding reading the manual you should be able to that as described below.

When the HSD is the SOI:

- If a ground threat is boxed, the location of the boxed point is transmitted.

- If no A-G threat is boxed, the location of the System Point of Interest (SPI) is transmitted if a sensor (FCR or TGP) is tracking the SPI; otherwise, the current steerpoint location is transmitted

- When the HSD is not the SOI, the SPI location is transmitted if a sensor is tracking the SPI; otherwise, the current steerpoint location is transmitted

Edited by TEOMOOSE

I'm not sure I understand your method, but if HSD is SOI, you're going to send out your Steerpoint only.

If you have TGP as SOI, you will send out the coordinates for whatever your TGP is looking at. We've done this a lot and it works great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

15 minutes ago, TheBigTatanka said:

If you have TGP as SOI, you will send out the coordinates for whatever your TGP is looking at. We've done this a lot and it works great.

I meant exactly what i wrote in my first post. I have had the TGP SOI but it did not work, instead it sent out the selected steerpoint.

Edited by TEOMOOSE

• ED Team

please include a short track replay example, I will ask the team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 6/7/2022 at 9:10 PM, TEOMOOSE said:

- When the HSD is not the SOI, the SPI location is transmitted if a sensor is tracking the SPI; otherwise, the current steerpoint location is transmitted

16 minutes ago, TheBigTatanka said:

3 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

please include a short track replay example, I will ask the team

I will, Thank you! 

• ED Team

Just to be sure 

1. HSD XMT mode L16
2. SOI on TGP
3. Transmit button IN

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 6/9/2022 at 3:17 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Just to be sure 

1. HSD XMT mode L16
2. SOI on TGP
3. Transmit button IN

Thats correct ! i have tried it again with a buddy and no luck. I have the track file, but its larger than 5 mb and cant upload it. I could send it over Discord.

Is there any known issues with WP sharing over Datalink not working on multiplayer over a period of time and respawns ? Seems like it works fine on initial map startup but over successive respawns or time no longer will BOX L16 on HSD and send.  Will test further create a .trk and start a bug report.  More testing is needed on my end.

Am 13.6.2022 um 09:49 schrieb TEOMOOSE:

Thats correct ! i have tried it again with a buddy and no luck. I have the track file, but its larger than 5 mb and cant upload it. I could send it over Discord.

a simple but important question, how long do you keep Transmit  IN pressed?

Edited by Hobel

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
4 hours ago, TEOMOOSE said:

Any news on this ? - or just wait. 😛 

we would need to see a track replay showing the issue to investigate more. 
It seems to be working here

• ED Team

apologies, but I get hundreds of messages on discord and things get lost easy. 
If possible attach a short as possible track replay here 

thank you