M08 crash issue...

On 8/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, baltic_dragon said:

In another thread someone gave me an idea that this could be caused by the smoke from Red's aircraft after it shuts down. I will try to disable it - @Gribbstar when I do, would you be willing to test the updated version and let me know if it fixes the issue?

Just checking back in to say that the latest patch didn't resolve this crash. So seems like the smoke might be a good place to look.

• 4 weeks later...

Just flew the mission after the latest update and still getting the freeze.

This time it happened 37.2m from Mother after watching Red land. 1h26min into the mission.

Luckily everything up to that point is amazing and fun to fly so I don't mind re-flying it regularly

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also getting error on Mission 08 in VR, tried 4 times already: 3 times when I was close to the WP1 at the assigned altitude, 1 time on my way to the WP1 (i.e. very early in the mission). What's interesting though is that in my case it's SteamVR crashing, DCS process itself stays alive.

DCS: 2.7.18.30765

SteamVR: 1.24.6

UPDATE: In my case the problem was in WMR for SteamVR update. Solved here:

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

Sorry guys, I've been trying to find the solution, but I cannot reproduce it and there are many people that have no problems with this (or any other) mission and nothing crashes. Must be something in DCS. A I said before many times, one of the likely culprits may be the AI F-14, and I just can't get rid of them. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

I've had this mission crash on me twice now. Both times it happened on the way back to Mother, after leaving Red at Haifa. This second time it happened immediately as I contacted Marshal (using Vaicom). DCS just hangs, no crash message, nothing. Just doesn't respond. Image freezes. Audio continues.

I DO have the community A-4E-C installed in Saved Games mods folder. Will try removing it and flying the mission again another day.

Tacview:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G6blo4AD8LG7QJRuXiY73COYrqjU1S03/view?usp=sharing

If any of this can help shed some light on this mystery... I'm willing to provide more info on request. But I guess it's on ED to solve.

Edited by Sharkku

After just removing the A-4E-C files I got the same freeze again on the home-stretch to Mother. But after doing a fast repair, and reset of Vaicom lua files, I could finally complete the mission! Not sure if it was the A-4 or Vaicom reset that did the trick.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...