Mission 3

I think I must have tried Mission 3 at least eight times over the last several days before finally just completing it and landing without skids, to get  Mission Complete, after losing my skids in a heavy landing under fire to rescue my teammates.

I even found one of the hidden enemy camps on the last attempt and am getting so much better at controlling the Huey, almost starting to understand it..

What an amazing campaign. I haven't played a Campaign this good in DCS ever, thank you @Reflected

PS - I lost my skids, I lost my rear stabiliser, I got shot down, I blew my engine up by flying too fast (I think), and I crashed into the trees.. just some of the fun awaiting you when you try to complete just a single mission of this excellent campaign..

Screen_220703_162946.png

Screen_220703_164212.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

So happy to hear you’re having fun with it!

yeah the Huey’s skids are oretty fragile in game. Make sure you always fly at treetop level or above 2k to avoid small arms fire. 

mission 3 is not easy, flying the huey so low below 40 knots, it’s easy to make mistakes and at those speeds and altitudes it’s not very forgiving. 

enjoy the remaining missions and let me know how they went 🙂

• Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 5:55 PM, Reflected said:

mission 3 is not easy, flying the huey so low below 40 knots, it’s easy to make mistakes and at those speeds and altitudes it’s not very forgiving. 

No kiddin' ! Just managed to skewer myself and the co-pilot with a rotablade like a freekin' kebab 🤣

Screen_230210_182644.png

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

• 3 weeks later...

I was *this* close to getting this one right (on my way back) when I decided to fiddle with the trim buttons. Machine started gyrating wildly and before I could tame the spooked helicopter it augured in. Gah. Lesson learned: unbind those trim buttons. They are killers. 

I also have that guitar lick from Armed Forces Radio in my head now.

Edited by schurem
  • Like 2

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL