Is there a way to control Datalink targets?

WelshZeCorgi

If you mean which contact appear, that's due to the AI logic. It'd be great if the assignments could be made via LotATC by a human. It would make the LINK4A meaningful. Atm is kind of useless due to the limited ROE and classification.

• Like 1
full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Would be nice if they could put it in the Jester Menu to prioritize by distance, type, IFF, or something. Right now, its really inconvenient to try to build a picture and communicate with other human flights when the datalink group you're trying to communicate constantly blinks out of existence. 

2 minutes ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Would be nice if they could put it in the Jester Menu to prioritize by distance, type, IFF, or something. Right now, its really inconvenient to try to build a picture and communicate with other human flights when the datalink group you're trying to communicate constantly blinks out of existence. 

It would be even better if Jester would prioritize finding hostile datalink targets which are closer in the scan volume than actual radar contacts further away... 

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

4 hours ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Are you using a datalink host to an E-2 or E-3? I have not noticed any Link-4 contacts blinking out of existence, unless I use a ship as a host. Then the datalink seems to blink on and off and back on again every 3 or 4 seconds for some reason.

19 hours ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

The RIO has no control over what specific DL contacts appear on the TID. He can only filter them all out or show them all. So there's nothing Jester could do about it really.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 minute ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Is it the AIC that controls which DL contact shows up on our TID?

AIC? :huh:
Isn't that the Air Inlet Control? That has nothing to do with DL and TID.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 minutes ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Air Intercept Controller

Oh, lol, acronyms... 😅

44 minutes ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Is it the AIC that controls which DL contact shows up on our TID?

I supposo so, or rather that he controls what's being transmitted on the net and thus shows up on the TIDs.
Just like you can put contacts on your wingmans TID through F/F DL and he can't filter them. In that case you're the AIC for your wingman so to speak.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg