How to get CPL P/R on ACLS (CASE III recovery getting CPL HDG or TILT)

SilentSierra

Hi there,

I know, I'm a bad naval fighter pilot. Shame on me.

I tried some times to get CPL P/R, but most of time I'm getting CPL HDG ou TILT on HUD.

What is the correct parameters I'm missing?

I set the TACAN, ICLS, D/L, ACL and HSI with the course.

1. 30nm 10000ft 350kt on CRS: Inbound;
  2. 25nm 6000ft 300kt on CRS: Estableshed;
  3. 20nm 5000ft 300kt on CRS: Commencing;
  4. 15nm 1200ft 250kt on CRS: Platform;
  5. 10nm on glide slope: LND CHK, AOA and ATC;
  6. 6nm: CPL P/R (MODE 1), HDG or TILT;
  7. Mostly manual aproach with ATC and CPL HDG.

Do the CPL P/R engage only if it's smoth and stable like Matt Wags video?

Best regards.

Edited by SilentSierra

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

13 hours ago, SilentSierra said:

I tried some times to get CPL P/R, but most of time I'm getting CPL HDG ou TILT on HUD.

There are some bugs going on, try to have a look at my linked stuff, also try my very simple mission, just to see if there is other things to take care of.

• Like 1

It's not clear from your post whether you're using the supercarrier.  However, if you are, the "commencing" call is when you start your descent from 6,000 ft at 21 DME.  The "Platform" call is passing (descending through) 5,000 ft, and it's a continuous descent (2,000* fpm, 250 kts) until 1,200 ft at which point you level off.  To be "by the book" you should also "check in" when asked to after "commencing" and before "platform", though I don't think it causes any issues if you don't.

You should be flying level at 1,200 by 10 dme.  Then gear down, hook down, flaps full, on AoA staying level at 1,200 ft.  Once flying level in the landing config, engage ATC.  This should be at around 6nm.   You will be asked to go mode 2 at which point you can engage CPL P/R.  After that, sit back and enjoy the view.

Although I was posting about something else you might want to watch my second track on this post for ideas.

*strictly speaking it's supposed to be 4,000 fpm until you reach 5,000ft, and 2,000 fpm thereafter.

Edited by Hippo
  • Like 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Thanks.

I'll watch the video and tracks to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using Supercarrier.

Best regards.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 12:13 AM, SilentSierra said:

ACLS is currently bugged and not working correctly when there are AI flights or other human flights.

6 hours ago, Foka said:

ACLS is currently bugged and not working correctly when there are AI flights or other human flights.

I was flying in single player. My problem now it's maintain the autopilot engaged during final approach. The CPL P/R flashes and I need to take control of the aircraft to avoid crash.