Air to air refueling RADIO CALLS IMPROVEMENTS

Mitchos

Hi there,

Friends and I, flying DCS, are having fun. But we have a request to see improvements in AAR radio calls.

What we ask for is described in AJP 3.3.4.2. (NATO documentation)

We should get to tanker in echelon left "area" prior to be clear contact.

Then we should request to proceed astern, then request contact and, post refueling, we should ask for echelon right then request to leave tanker.

In addition to that we wish to have "rolling" calls. ROLLLING IN and ROLLING OUT seconds prior actual actions.

What do you guys think about that? Is that something we can expect one day?

Thanks for any remarks

• Like 3

I kinda assume this is already in the pipe line as part of the overall/ongoing AI and ATC improvements. Would be a bit disappointing if this isn't on ED's agenda..

AAR is an important part of military aviation ops and current implementation is a bit poor.

But as always and understandably, improvements take time.

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

AAR in general needs an overhaul. Boom/basket physics, differences between AF and Navy procedures, proper comms, even the turns tankers take are unrealistic, IRL they'll roll in quite briskly (after announcing they're about to) and keep a nice, sharp angle of bank through the turn. In DCS, they sneak up on you, just when you've slotted in and are about to connect, they start rolling so slowly that you don't necessarily notice until it is too late. The realistic way is actually easier to deal with.

• Thanks 1

Knowing that they, atleast, are making a revamp of the S3 model (that looks awful) i think a good start point would be the tanker announcing his turn and adding physics to the basket, from that a total rework of the comms (and procedures) and adding some effects like the fuel dropping on disconnections and would be great to add collisions to basket and boom, it´s annoying that you can have the basket and boom inside your cockpit,

Most of that, for sure, it´s in the pipeline.

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

I kinda like not having to deal with a sine wave on the drogue system; I can think of many good reasons why I dont wish to rip my joystick from the mount and throw it through my monitor because I paid a lot of money for these.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins