Improper TL radar mode behavior (lock range)

Get_Lo

Shouldnt the TL (boresight) scan range be 6nm as listed below? currently 7km in game and in the module's manual.
4a6351a960748bb0b1bce47fb8a3b5f9.png1b5c04c56f2c47cf5f58c5536a59345a.png
Cyrano IV manual info above, Mirage F1 manual below
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.pngf98c20fdd4ecbcea7757ad592d5fe112.png

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Devs say current range in dogfight mode is correct for Mirage F1CE variant.

Does this mean that for the other variants it is a different value? Weird that the Cyrano would receive a massive downgrade in ACM mode lock ranges compared to previous models. especially considering the radar in all other modes uses nautical miles, but only ACM uses kilometers. 
Thanks for checking with the devs though, maybe a look at the fuel glitch or lift values is in order? 😉

Edited by Get_Lo

48 minutes ago, IvanK said:

The system uses Nautical miles for ranges 2nm or greater. Inside 2NM displayed ranges on the Range drum on the sight uses Hectometres. Range display on the Radar unit itself is always in nautical miles.

I was referring to why they chose to go with kilometers for determining the maximum lock range, in contrast to all the times they use nautical miles. in the manuals above you can see that nautical miles was the usual trend for even the same modes, just on different countries aircraft. its unusual that they switched from 6nm to 7km, just seems weird to me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

Does this mean that for the other variants it is a different value? Weird that the Cyrano would receive a massive downgrade in ACM mode lock ranges compared to previous models. especially considering the radar in all other modes uses nautical miles, but only ACM uses kilometers.

Yes, apparently several variants had a smaller dogfight range. This includes F1CE. No idea why.

7 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

Thanks for checking with the devs though, maybe a look at the fuel glitch or lift values is in order? 😉

[off-topic] I've already looked at the track a few weeks ago, but it's so long that I keep using time acceleration, and I often forget to stop before reaching the end screen. When I succeeded, the aircraft did not look lighter to me. I'll try again today if I find some time. [/off-topic]

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.