Coda campaign mission

cquail

Anybody else having trouble with this mission? I've tried at least 15 times now and can't seem to finish it...the helicopter that takes off from the camp always gets away. My wingman gets shot down 1/2 the time. I never have enough ammo to destroy everything. Heading back to a FARP to refill/rearm makes it a 1 hour + mission. Seems like a very very though mission to me.

Finally did it, had to turn labels on and unlimited ammo.... pretty hard to shot a heli down thats flying away at max speed and hides in the clouds :)

I did not try the mission yet. But you can't pursu the run away choppa?

The Ka-50 can go up to 250kp/h most of the time it's fast for a chopper!

I am having issues with this mission (CODA) also.

I attack the convoy, after some time the camp being reassigned as primary by "Korona" (An-30). But if I destroy the camp (with assistance of flight 280 -Mi-28) I do not get any Mission Success message.

But honestly, I have no idea of what chopper you are talking about?!

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I never saw that radio-command. I dont even saw any NMY helo wth external view.

Something is strange here.

Had the same problem. I actually used the mission editor to find out what I was supposed to do. The trick is that when you get reassigned to the rebel base, the message states you should attack the "facilities". That includes the 2 buildings. Shoot them with the gun and you'll get the message.

Thanks for the info everyone. I am having a hell of a time passing this mission. My wingman has been giving me troubles of spotting the attacking force right in front of us.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• 2 weeks later...

try hiting the buildings at 215 after u get the call to devert..i think there may be 2 or 3 but i think 2...use guns and rockets..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

It's not that hard to accomplish, even without unlimited ammo and labels off.

What I did was sending my wingman to a certain death, but he was able to clean out some ground targets prior to that.

Then I used vikhrs on SAM's and tanks. The rest was taken down with HE gun.

Don't stay too long at the same spot, and use the terrain around as cover :)

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

I spent 3 hours on this mission today! GRRRRR! So all I had to do was hit the houses next to those trucks and I would have gotten the "mission success"? GRRRRR! I never saw the chopper. Do I have to hit the chopper to get the mission success?

I find this mission frustrating due to the number of targets vs the number of Vikhrs on a Ka-50 2-ship. It really needs to be a 4-ship mission. I've done it a few times and always failed it due to a number of reasons. The mission has 3 objectives:

OBJ 1: Attack the convoy

The convoy is long, heading to the town mentioned, and has 1 SA-13 Gopher (about 5th vehicle back) which will not only ruin your day but most assuredly the Mi-28 flight's day that's attacking the other convoy. The next time I'm going to nail that thing striaight away because I don't want the Mi-28s to get shot down.

Attacking from the broadside of the column is foolish as you will get more misses due to the traverse shot and the vehicles dipping below some interveneing terrain. The best shots are if you get at the far end of the town they are heading through and get head-on shots. Pay attention so they don't close to less than 3-3.5km.

There's a Shilka or two, and the rest are BMPs, BTRs, and T-55s. The BMPs (front few and elsewhere in the column) are nasty against a stationary or toward/away thread with their missiles and the T-55s (rear) are happy to snipe you out of the air under the same conditions. The BTRs are not worth your Vikhrs though, save some AP cannon for them and approach from behind as they cannot shoot to the rear.

The briefing (if it is to be believed) declares that the column is your primary objective so I don't let them slide but I don't know if the mission triggers care. You could save tons of missles if you "diverted" to the house after a few hits on the convoy.

OBJ 2: Attack the base

The base is pretty well defended and you're likely to be really low on any ammo that matters. There's BMPs or similar, a Strela troop, and a ZU34 off to the left. A long range rocket shot is risky so I've taken to rearming (no fuel there though so you might want to bring ferry fuel from the start) at Skhala FARP. Don't bring the AI wingman with you because he thinks it's time to land, shut down, and have a vodka... idiot.

OBJ 3: Attack the helicopter

The helicopter springs into existance on the pad between your initial point and the house. If you've cleared the area then you might be able to down him before he takes off. Good luck if he gets airborne. Last time my laser burned out (inop) and then the game crashed so that was fun. If you had a Vikhr or two left I'd use those instead of the cannon but whatever works.

Truthfully the mission is tough simply because:

1. (targets that need Vikhr) / (Vikhrs available) < 1.0

2. AI wingmen are not pre-disposed to standoff attacks at all

3. The mission briefings are inaccurate or misleading

Coda with a 4-ship and AI pilots capable of standoff attack with a decent briefing = first time pass.

Phew...fluked it.

1. Took out 2 Anti-Air assets from the convoy

2. Circled round to the base, on the other side they're not obscured by the trees. Managed to destroy everything with the help of the other flight (and minimal assistance from wingman...who didn't seem to be in the mood to).

3. Got alert on Helicopter about a minute after all the other targets were destroyed (took out all the buildings just to be sure.)

4. Took out the Mi-8, took a surprising number of canon bursts...

5. Avoided flying over remaining convoy on way to FARP.

Yippee..love the twangy rock music of campaign victory :-)

--

L u c a s d i g i t a l

Mark Lucas

http://www.lucas-digital.com

Game crashed in the middle of my best run yet.

Lessons learned:

1. The Mi-28 flight is doomed. Even if you take out your column's Gopher (SA-13) they will get shot down super fast by other enemy.
  2. The mission wants you to abort your attack on the convoy and change targets to the facility. The English translation is dead awful on Korona's message. This saves you a lot of ordinance.

my 2 cents: since 215 is at a higher altitude you'll have a very hard time attacking the base. Fly all the way around the base and attack from the left, moving from distance to approx 7km through the forests (stay very low - NOE flight here so you and wingman don't get shot down). attack the bmp's and ground troops first as they are the biggest threat to you (tell wingman to attack anit-air targets). then move in for the rest of the stuff

regards, uTILLIty

I beat it by attacking as few members of the convoy as I could before getting redirected to change targets to the base. I was able to standoff annihilate the base (at least the threats), I put some HE rockets in the building, Abraham's helo spawned on the helipad, I target with 2x Vikhr and it never gets airborne.

• 4 weeks later...

Surely (assuming the Mi28s are really doomed) you don't even have to engage the convoys? It's just the two buildings marked as targets in the editor, hit each with gun and then blat the chopper - job done.

Have yet to try the above mind, I've been plinking tanks and AFVs in the convoy and haven't yet got the reassignment call. But it seems to be time dependent (happens after "350" apparently), not target dependent. So I guess I'll try it. Seems that they cheated slightly to give the impression of FAC reassignment, so I think I'm allowed to play the editor :D

Then again my conscience may intervene.

Can anyone tell me how to get there, I´m all the time in fog and cant see anything, I always crash.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Climb to about 2500m altitude, then either fly in Flight Director mode and maintain alt manually, or hit the R button to engage route following autopilot (after having reached altitude AND trimmed at the speed you want). you can then fly over the foggy mountains until you reach the long horizontal settlement near the initial point - you can then descend to below 2000m and begin the mission proper.

If you hit the mountain still, I've given you the wrong altitude :D You could always fly in at 3000m and then descend.

• 5 months later...

Just finished the CODA mission... the trick is to help the Mi-24 to stay alive because I think they destroyed the buildings on Abraham compound (i didn't, neither my wingman). What I did was to take down at least two AA's in the convoy before the Mi-24 come close to it. Then, go to the base, but atack them through the north side, where they are not concealed by trees, hiting them by far. The problem is my wingman is always refusing "atack air defenses" orders, but if you get dangerously close, he will atack them. The helicopter took of a few minutes after we took down a couple of targets and we followed it and my wingman took it down, aldo I got a good lock and fired one vikr (but he dodged it). Mission complete!

However, we still had fuel and amo to go back to the base, and we did and kicked some more ass. One Mi-24 kept flying arround, he survided the mission too :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can get within 5km of the of the base on its northwest side and easily knock out the buildngs. But, then I get a useless message that a helo has departed the base. Great news, Boris! In which "direction" did it go? I've never seen it. My wingman found it once. But, he only reported a heading of 260, ten minutes after initial contact. Without good position reports and no radar, finding the enemy helo is pot luck. Anybody know where it goes?

From my memory, I spotted it the first time (though on the first play of the mission I failed to take it down since I wasn't positioned right). When they say it has departed the base that's literally what it did just seconds ago, so you look around the base (which you should be relatively close to) and then you spot it.

As for where it's heading to, I dunno. The first time, when I lost visual on it before I had weapons locked, I reloaded the mission. The other time, I didn't have reason to go searching for it. Basically, just like in RL, good eyes will strain to find a well camouflaged helicopter and that's part of the intended challenge of the mission, I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester