Major lag with server

Hi all. Been a while. Just recently update our servers and placed them back up. Problem is I’ve noticed major lag issues with AI and was wondering if anyone else has seen this. 
mourn server is running off a 1 gb DL and 50 upload so I’m not sure what’s going on. Just wondering if anyone hS any solutions. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you have a bit more info, how many ground air units are in the mission, how many clients are connected, what mods/3rd party scripts are in use. Do you create tracks on the server, what map are you using?

Creator & Developer of XSAF ::An AI model that wants to kill you, and needs no help from humans.

Discord: PravusJSB#9484   twitch.tv/pravusjsb  https://www.patreon.com/XSAF  https://discord.gg/pC9EBe8vWU https://bmc.link/johnsbeaslu

Work with me on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/pravusjsb

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 9:17 AM, PravusJSB said:

Do you have a bit more info, how many ground air units are in the mission, how many clients are connected, what mods/3rd party scripts are in use. Do you create tracks on the server, what map are you using?

Sorry, Been away since I posted this and just got back. I'll get you some more info on this. 

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We run three different public 24/7 instances: Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria map. They run with quite complex mission with many units, scripts etc... and we didn't notice any performance deterioration after update. Just a small increase of memory RAM footprint on Syria server, but nothing abnormal that can cause lags.

Make sure your mission run less than 800/1000 active units that it's kind of a limit after which you start making all clients stutter with really bad framerate.

It can be something related to the mission itself that is causing the problem.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Hi all 

been gone for a while and thought I’d get back. Since I’ve been back and bring my servers back online I’ve noticed a huge amount of lag during MP sessions. 

just was wondering if anyone knows if certain mods or add ins are the culprits. 
for example I had RAT running on our NTTR server and noticed huge lags when they spawned in. Just removed the script and testing to see if it fixes the issue. It would be much appreciated if any other suggestions could be provided so thanks in advance 

wood 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

We run three different public 24/7 instances: Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria map. They run with quite complex mission with many units, scripts etc... and we didn't notice any performance deterioration after update. Just a small increase of memory RAM footprint on Syria server, but nothing abnormal that can cause lags.

Make sure your mission run less than 800/1000 active units that it's kind of a limit after which you start making all clients stutter with really bad framerate.

It can be something related to the mission itself that is causing the problem.

Hi thanks for the reply. Here's a silly question. This mission is our NTTR mission and is quiet large with having all targets located in the NTTR ranges. 

How do I tell how many active units I have?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, Wood said:

Hi thanks for the reply. Here's a silly question. This mission is our NTTR mission and is quiet large with having all targets located in the NTTR ranges. 

How do I tell how many active units I have?

If you have a script framework like moose already loaded in your mission it pretty simple, just make a for each group, and count the unit inside.
Than print the value.

P.s. don't open new topic for the same problem 😉

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

1 minute ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

If you have a script framework like moose already loaded in your mission it pretty simple, just make a for each group, and count the unit inside.
Than print the value.

P.s. don't open new topic for the same problem 😉

Actually, found the number of units from the ME 

Total 1158 units

44 Helicopter's

230 airplanes

674 vehicles

210 static

Looks like I'll have to remove a few.

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, Wood said:

Actually, found the number of units from the ME 

Total 1158 units

44 Helicopter's

230 airplanes

674 vehicles

210 static

Looks like I'll have to remove a few.

Wood

Definitely, try to don't exceed more than 800 active units at given time, it will cause trouble for all the clients connected.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2022 at 11:06 AM, Maverick87Shaka said:

Definitely, try to don't exceed more than 800 active units at given time, it will cause trouble for all the clients connected.

Cheers.

Do static units cause problems?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate