Minor bug when using template rotate

TJTAS

I like to create groups facing north then use the Template rotate tool (which works on groups and templates both). If you use this with the "Show Model" option on in the mission editor the individual units in the group do not rotate visually. You have to deselect the group and select it again for the models to update their orientation.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know one could rotate a whole group of units in the ME. Thanks for the discovery!

What are you calling the "Show Model" option? Can you please make a step by step guide to reprpoduce the issue?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

14 hours ago, Flappie said:

...What are you calling the "Show Model" option?...

Salut @Flappie. It is the icon in mission editor, on the bottom bar, with a battle tank on it, to show the unit's 3d models instead of only unit's icons.

Effectively, since one or two updates, when you rotate a template group the units don't rotate individually to keep the original group's aspect. It was the case before.

The only case where the units were not rotating with the group was, for what I saw, in the case of a group of static objects, created by mission file editing.

I see this "visual bug" (the units in fact rotate correctly / are correctly placed when mission is launched) as a "mark" that Devs are working on this.

• Like 1