The F1 has IFF ?

cmbaviator

8 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

Just read the last changelog and i see IFF being added?

Did the F1 had IFF back in the day and how does it display friendly or Foe giving the basic HUD and Radar screen ??

It only has an IFF transponder to respond to incoming IFF interrogations. It does NOT have an IFF interrogator to interrogate contacts!
So in short it has the same IFF capabilities as the F-5E, the A-10C, the AV-8B or the UH-1H.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

14 hours ago, QuiGon said:

It only has an IFF transponder to respond to incoming IFF interrogations. It does NOT have an IFF interrogator to interrogate contacts!
So in short it has the same IFF capabilities as the F-5E, the A-10C, the AV-8B or the UH-1H.

I see so it would not be of any help on the Cold war server especially on enigma server as you most aircraft wont be able to display friendly or foes. I still havent flown the plane in PvP server as i wouldn't be able to tell which aircraft is freindly or foe in BVR and even in ACM

2 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

I see so it would not be of any help on the Cold war server especially on enigma server as you most aircraft wont be able to display friendly or foes. I still havent flown the plane in PvP server as i wouldn't be able to tell which aircraft is freindly or foe in BVR and even in ACM

You either need really good situational awareness, a GCI guiding you or visually identify your contact.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

Wouldn't that be true at most of the modules there anyway? Never tried it so I don't know which modules are used on the server. 

41 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Wouldn't that be true at most of the modules there anyway? Never tried it so I don't know which modules are used on the server. 

For most of them, yes. On the Enigma server the MiG-21, F-14 and MiG-29 are the only aircraft equipped with IFF interrogaters.

• Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

For most of them, yes. On the Enigma server the MiG-21, F-14 and MiG-29 are the only aircraft equipped with IFF interrogaters.

Well the F14 is far superior of these aircrafts including the F1, with its Phoenix missiles and AIM 7 or 120, i would destroy every foe

3 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

Well the F14 is far superior of these aircrafts including the F1, with its Phoenix missiles and AIM 7 or 120, i would destroy every foe

That's why it is heavily restricted on that server :wink:

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 8/26/2022 at 5:44 AM, cmbaviator said:

In reality they get destroyed quite frequently. Almost everytime they deside to merge with 2 opponents. It's big and easy to spot. And you just get 1 guy to drag and bag them or tie them up and they die pretty quick. The short range IFF ability is also reduced since it's not instant and frequently you'll have to use the tv camera to confirm.

Even if the server allowed the tomcat to take 2 phoenix missile it wouldn't really improve matters for it much in the long run

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 2:14 PM, CrazyGman said:

In reality they get destroyed quite frequently. Almost everytime they deside to merge with 2 opponents. It's big and easy to spot. And you just get 1 guy to drag and bag them or tie them up and they die pretty quick. The short range IFF ability is also reduced since it's not instant and frequently you'll have to use the tv camera to confirm.

Even if the server allowed the tomcat to take 2 phoenix missile it wouldn't really improve matters for it much in the long run

I guess zooming in for a visual is kosher on mp servers then.. I always wanted that as an option on the server side so people wouldn't "cheat" by using zoom, so to say..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, RPY Variable said:

is this still the casa??

From yesterdays changelog:

DCS Mirage F1 by Aerges

• AWACS 'Declare' command is functional now.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.8.2.35632/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg