Keyboard suddenly stops working

ambision

5 hours ago, ambision said:

Of course. I did it. 

But now I'm formatting to a clean stable 11 install. Because my PC is only a DCS machine, a bug like this renders it to a mere brick. 

And an expensive one at that. So.. 

It's not for me. 

Any luck with stable install?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I think we can close the case:

After formatting to Windows 11 stable release, the keyboard issue is gone. 

It's interesting to try and see what's the root cause with the Dev release of windows 11 is, since these updates will inevitably trickle down to the stable version in a couple of months.I th

ink we can close the case:for

It's interesting to try and see what's the root cause with the Dev release of windows 1, since these updates will inevitably trickle down to the stable version in a couple of months. 
I'll update the forums as well. 

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

G.Skill 64GB RAM @3200Mhz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Conductonaut thermal liquid metal

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR

Leap Motion

1 hour ago, ambision said:

I think we can close the case:

It's interesting to try and see what's the root cause with the Dev release of windows 11 is, since these updates will inevitably trickle down to the stable version in a couple of months.I th

ink we can close the case:for

It's interesting to try and see what's the root cause with the Dev release of windows 1, since these updates will inevitably trickle down to the stable version in a couple of months. 
I'll update the forums as well. 

Did you format your hard drive and install windows from scratch or did you just reintall windows to stable?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

On 9/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, Sn8ke said:

Did you format your hard drive and install windows from scratch or did you just reintall windows to stable?

I was signed up for the DEV version, so for me it was a complete wipe, format and re-install from scratch. I'm.. I'm not a developer as it seems 😅

Edited by ambision
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

3 hours ago, ambision said:

I was signed up for the DEV version, so for me it was a complete wipe, format and re-install from scratch. I'm.. I'm not a developer as it seems 😅

I ended up doing the same. Had to back everything up, but the actual format and installation was straight forward. Opted to go back to Windows 10 as its interface is more user friendly and likely a bit more stable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

for me the fix was formatting to win11 stable version. since then it was clear skies for me

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

• 3 months later...

I see from post that this keyboard bug has happened before... however, as soon as I updated to 2.8.1.x667 I am experiencing same issue.  all modules.  random commands, etc. happening.  Totally unplayable.  I am rolling back to version 2.7.18.30765release.  

Win 11 - Insiders Ed. latest update

Edited by FlyingPony
added windows version

23 minutes ago, FlyingPony said:

I see from post that this keyboard bug has happened before... however, as soon as I updated to 2.8.1.x667 I am experiencing same issue.  all modules.  random commands, etc. happening.  Totally unplayable.  I am rolling back to version 2.7.18.30765release.  

Win 11 - Insiders Ed. latest update

the consensus from this topic was there was an abnormality with Win11 Insider. though i cannot place blame completely on that. lots of odd things happen with DCS too. there are plenty of stable Win11 users and DCS.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Hello Flyers....

I should have thought of this sooner.  I think it fixed my problem.  There's a 'power' setting in windows that --- even in High performance mode, is set to 'save power'...  It is the USB ports.  See pic.  It defaults to 'enabled'.... Please set this and other power saving options, such as sleep, hard drive turn off, etc. to disabled.

powerOptions.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1