Does buying just a map allow you to join non trial only servers?

ClydeBigBird

Asking for a friend who is considering just buying the Syria map to play on Enigma's server, but isn't sure yet which aircraft he wants.  If he gets just a map, can he play on servers that don't have the "allow trial only clients" option?  Thanks!

Edited by ClydeBigBird

advanced setting for multiplayer servers - “Allow trial only clients” This can be used to prevent accounts with only trial modules registered from joining a server. Can be used to prevent ban evasion. Please note - this is disabled by default.

This is the info I could find so it would probably mean that player who owns a DLC map is no longer "account with only trial modules registered", right?

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

He can join a server but will only be able to fly aircraft he owns. So with DCS World only, he’ll have the Su-25T and TF-51D, the two free aircraft, available to fly.

• Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

8 hours ago, Ironhand said:

He can join a server but will only be able to fly aircraft he owns. So with DCS World only, he’ll have the Su-25T and TF-51D, the two free aircraft, available to fly.

That's good to know. So the "Allow trial only clients" only refers to aircraft, and not actual maps then?

• ED Team

"Allow trial only clients" allows accounts with no purchases to join the server, this option was added to servers to prevent trolls who were just using free trial only accounts to create problems for servers. 

If you purchase a terrain you wont be a trial only account so you will have no issue joining servers. 

thanks 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2