Programming Second Trigger Position on X52?

I am having a bit of trouble getting the weapons release function programmed to the second trigger position on my X52. I couldn't seem to get it to work through the SST software, so I tried through the game interface. I still can't get it to work properly....if I program <joy15> to release weapons, it does not work UNLESS I also manually hold down R Alt on the keyboard....but if I add the R-Alt modifier to the command through the game interface, it still does now work. I know people have done this....can someone clue me in on what I need to do? Thanks!!!

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I had a similar problem with the 2nd trigger level. In one of my X52 modes, I wanted the first trigger level to be the brakes [w] and the second level to be the parking brakes [LShift + w]. It didn't work out because when the 2nd level is pressed, the first level stays pressed down. I believe that was the cause of a conflict that prevented my setup to work as expected. I believe something similar might be happening with your setup.

I use the first trigger as the Lock function[enter], and if i pull it in further the gun fires[space] using SST. Make sure there are no conflicting entries in the DCS control setup and clear them.

Edited by Kurtz

Kurtz, that works because the function you assign 2 different keys.

trigger level 1 -> [key 1 press down] -> trigger level 2 -> [key 2 press down] -> trigger release -> [key 2 release then key 1 release]

In the case of cannon/fire or brake/parking, it's only one key, with a modifier. So instead of having [key 1] and [key 2], you have [key 1] and [modifier]+[key 1]. How would the magic keyboard send this to the system?

trigger level 1 -> [key 1 press down] -> trigger level 2 -> [modifier and key 1 press down] -> trigger release -> [release all]

I'm not sure of this is mad dog is trying to do. He only said he wanted to put weapon release on trigger level 2. But if fire canon is on trigger level 1, I can see how the input system gets confused. When the level 2 is pressed, it's like if the key is already pressed and the modifier is subsequently added.

May remapping the keys for a different keyboard layout where two distinct set of keys are used or no modifier (good luck with that :P)

I have always had this problem & it never realy bothered me, but reading this gave me an idea, (I was using Pinky switch & Trigger for "Release Weapon").

Try programing (in SST) "Space" in trigger & "RAlt" in Second Trigger.

Works for me.

Hope it helps

Rastus

Just remap release weapons to a single unused key in the control, setup. You may need to create an unused key by clearing x or y. Other than that there are many view keys that can be cleared if required. After doing this you can map single key input using sst.

I have the first trigger for main weapons, the second for the gun. The Pickle is for switching to and from the gun. You can only use one of those at a time and each needs its own button, and of course that's as close to what Kamov did as I could get.

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

Just remap release weapons to a single unused key in the control, setup. You may need to create an unused key by clearing x or y. Other than that there are many view keys that can be cleared if required. After doing this you can map single key input using sst.

Those tend to be rather hard to find :music_whistling:

Reticuli, interesting setup. I use the pinky for auto hover, trigger level one for gun fire and big fire button for weapon release. I use another key (the mouse button on the HOTAS) to action the cannon/weapon selector flip. I tried to have all the commands that are on the cyclic and the collective on the controllers, but with some limitations.

Would be nice to be able to map the flip switch from the cyclic to the fire button cover :D

Right now, it only changes the led color and it doesn't seem like the driver is aware of it (not visible in the control panel). I wonder if it could be made aware of this flip switch (hardware wise).

I too had this problem when making my profile. I had to re-map the weapon release button to 'j'. For me I have weapon release on trigger one, and fire gun on trigger two. I find it helps when firing rockets, you dont have to keep pressure on the trigger while lining up the targets.

Nieldo's solution worked for me! Having the rockets/missles on the first trigger position is a better idea to. Thanks for all the help and input!

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I have mine like Niphredil. Which works great until you get into a knife fight. You pull the trigger in and cannon is selected, you keep pulling and it fires. You release, cannon is still selected. You pull the trigger in again, cannon deselects....you really have to watch you HUD symbology to know whats selected, and glance down to see if the cannon trigger is flipped up on the cyclic.

Also the tell tell elevation and azimuth constrants on the Shkval TV display. But my point being, you just have to keep in mind that what ever you set as stage 2 on ur trigger, you are going to have to pull through stage 1 to get there.

I programmed mine in game. When I wanted to program stage two, i went ahead and pulled through stage 1 before i entered the screen to set the control. So when I pulled it to set the control, it went straight to stage 2. Make sense?

Hi, I've mapped the first trigger to switch to cannon © and the second to fire the cannon (spacebar). It works quite well....bye.

Same here, takes some getting used to. Every reset of the trigger requires re-activating the cannon mode. But I agree I like this setup.

SPARTAN1-1 Спартанец1-1

Dell XPS 630i / Windows 7 / Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 GHZ / 4 GB Corsair Dominator 1066/ NVIDIA 8800GT X 2 / Track IR 4Pro / X52 + Pedals

Dell Studio XPS 1647 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 620 @ 2.67 GHZ / 4 GB RAM / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670