Adding a Feature

Mike Force Team

At the time of this writing, Hurricane Ian is heading towards central Florida.  It is obviously a powerful storm, which will cause damage, flooding, and more.

In DCS, I know that hurricanes are somewhat modeled by having edits for wind directions, wind speeds, and high or low pressure centers.  Can ED add the recorded weather information for America's most destructive top ten hurricanes, which will be modeled and be available for maps?  Should we have a Cuban Missile Crisis Map, the hurricanes could be an option available for content creators.  If we head to the Marianas Islands, then use typhoons or cyclones for that part of the world to be utilized.

Mike Force Team

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

If we head to the Marianas Islands, then use typhoons or cyclones for that part of the world to be utilized.

Interesting concept - but can you spell out how such a mission would work? What objectives?  I don't think that there would ever be a military strategy that would use a Hurricane as a tactical element; most planes would divert their landing site to an airfield outside of the Hurricane's reach, while the inclement weather inside a hurricane isn't that bothersome (a cat 5 hurricane has some 150 knots wind speed, that's barely take-off speed for most jets). So, outside of bad weather (clouds and wind shear), what would you expect from a mission that sports a hurricane as a feature?

-ch

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cfrag said:

...what would you expect from a mission that sports a hurricane as a feature?

Don't bother, he just wants _everything_ in DCS.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

15 hours ago, draconus said:

Don't bother, he just wants _everything_ in DCS.

Nah , just the last thing he read about 🙂

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

Whats the point of having a Hurricane in DCS? to spawn in the jet and sit on the runway?🤣

You can already set max wind and basically VTOL any jet in DCS 🙂

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria