F-16 Viper Textures Overhaul

Texac

Very nice! Are you releasing the layered templates too? With them it would be very easy to upgrade excisting skins with your base (apply the bottom details from your rework while keeping the additional custom paints on top).

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Many thanks to everyone!

On 1/14/2023 at 4:43 PM, Carbon715 said:

As a Viper Crew Chief with an intimate relationship with this jet for years and ongoing, I appreciate your attention to detail regarding this reskin. While not perfect, it's pretty dang close.

@Carbon715 Glad to hear, thanks! I'm trying my best to find detailed reference pictures and add all those things missing.

Whatever it is you can add to the list for completion, feel free to share.

21 hours ago, Grodin said:

Very nice! Are you releasing the layered templates too? With them it would be very easy to upgrade excisting skins with your base (apply the bottom details from your rework while keeping the additional custom paints on top).

@Grodin I already answered that on page 1.

16 hours ago, Texac said:

Many thanks to everyone!

@Carbon715 Glad to hear, thanks! I'm trying my best to find detailed reference pictures and add all those things missing.

Whatever it is you can add to the list for completion, feel free to share.

@Grodin I already answered that on page 1.

Right that makes sense. Looking forward to fly with this skin anyhow! I've tried to improve small details on the skins i've made (ED template has quite blurry details!) but it's very hard to make all the small fonts, rivets and screws look "natural". No idea how you've managed to do this, but it looks fantastic. 

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

2 hours ago, Grodin said:

Right that makes sense. Looking forward to fly with this skin anyhow! I've tried to improve small details on the skins i've made (ED template has quite blurry details!) but it's very hard to make all the small fonts, rivets and screws look "natural". No idea how you've managed to do this, but it looks fantastic. 

Thanks!

At the beginning I didn't know what it should look like. I just added some new screws and rivets in different sizes and shapes and decided they look a lot better than all the dots surrounded by a circle. Now you can actually make out a cross screw head from a torx screw head.

Is it necessary? Not really but when I'm adding more rivets, like on the wings, I can do all of them in the same way to have it uniform. 

Overall it results in a lot more sharper details, which is what I was aiming for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 12:52 AM, Mach3DS said:

Staggering amount of work.  Unreal good job!

Thank you my friend!

Overall my new texture improvements are pretty much finished. I want to release some updated skins in the next few weeks.

These images showcase my new texture set with a glossy paint scheme such as those from the Thunderbirds. This livery is not mine and will not be published.

WLN4GtN.png

QgcLjL3.png

UUAWfze.png

GGaFJ8Y.png

jlYSHj6.png

BtxgcBf.png

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the last update to my textures overhaul. 

I reworked the external cockpit textures by adding missing rivets and other details. Details like wrinkles in the cables of the AOA/NWS indicator and HUD.

I have also added actual MFD pages and instrument gauges. 

Most of it is entirely reworked but these textures are heavily based on @Ala12Rv-watermanpc and @wolfthrower cockpit textures.

vSVrK5k.png

OeQV79o.png

8psLzuu.png

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Texac said:

Probably the last update to my textures overhaul. 

I reworked the external cockpit textures by adding missing rivets and other details. Details like wrinkles in the cables of the AOA/NWS indicator and HUD.

I have also added actual MFD pages and instrument gauges. 

Most of it is entirely reworked but these textures are heavily based on @Ala12Rv-watermanpc and @wolfthrower cockpit textures.

vSVrK5k.png

OeQV79o.png

8psLzuu.png

Looking very good mate!!, keep it up!🙂

There is so much ED left in the "to do" list in terms of visuals for the Viper that this is very welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take a look at my MODS here

28 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

Looking very good mate!!, keep it up!🙂

There is so much ED left in the "to do" list in terms of visuals for the Viper that this is very welcome.

I feel the same with the Hornet. With the Viper the liveries real shine but not so much with the Hornet despite i have 4k/higher textures liveries from talented users including you. In other hand the Hornet cockpit liveries are awesome.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Some small things. I changed the interior exhaust feathers to look a bit more like an exhaust. This area can obviously vary quite a bit. For most liveries I will keep this as the standard.

Now I'm also working on liveries. Two Ukrainian Vipers only a couple of months fresh into service.

dATJll6.png

qn5A8wm.png

b80wmkW.png

KRTjJOm.png

H3U7KQN.png

lsUS1hD.png

o3topSy.png

Gx9YDSs.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a small update to share.

The first version of my public template is completed. I plan to make this new template, including all the previously listed changes and improvements, available during this coming weekend.

Also planned for this week are updated liveries of all the default USAF squadron jets.

Here is a preview of some Have Glass V liveries, with the Edwards tail as a placeholder. I'm going to use these textures as a base for all my HGV liveries.

FbUgyoz.png

qRzQyhM.png

G00YhbN.png

6dkKUCH.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 5/25/2023 at 12:03 PM, Texac said:

I've got a small update to share.

The first version of my public template is completed. I plan to make this new template, including all the previously listed changes and improvements, available during this coming weekend.

Also planned for this week are updated liveries of all the default USAF squadron jets.

Here is a preview of some Have Glass V liveries, with the Edwards tail as a placeholder. I'm going to use these textures as a base for all my HGV liveries.

FbUgyoz.png

qRzQyhM.png

G00YhbN.png

6dkKUCH.png

Public template this weekend??👀👀👀👀👀 I genuinely cannot wait dude thank you for your hard work I seriously appreciate the amazing attention to detail you put into this. Again as a Viper crew chief I'm in love with it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new template is now available through User Files. Everything you need to know is included in the README file. Final download link is from my GoogleDrive.

Let me know what you think.

Improved F-16C Texture Template

wzTz5IJ.png

Additionally I also updated all the standard USAF Block 50 liveries with these new textures.

F-16C Block 50 USAF Squadrons Skin Pack

6lOTvUL.png

Edited by Texac
Download correction
  • Like 9