F16SGRH V2 vs F16SGRH-AS V2

Nahemoth
Go to solution Solved by Oilman100,

Hi,

I'm thinking on getting a F-16 grip, and I see that there are available two models of the same grip: F16SGRH V2 and F16SGRH-AS V2

After seeing the features list of each model, it is not so clear for me which should I get. Apart from the BLE module, which is not so important, I'm sure how critical is the availability of the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL, or the analog axes. Any advice?

Thanks!

• Solution

I have just recently purchased the F16SGRH V2 with the Lightning base, the stick is excellent and works with the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL, the software is essential to using all the features of the stick and base. Not sure what the BLE would add, so I didn’t go for it and there seems to be issues with connectivity etc on the forums. Quality of the actual stick is great and the extra key presses available make a big difference, save your money and go for the V2, you won’t be sorry. Any questions on the stick or base, just ask

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

hace 5 horas, Oilman100 dijo:

I have just recently purchased the F16SGRH V2 with the Lightning base, the stick is excellent and works with the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL, the software is essential to using all the features of the stick and base. Not sure what the BLE would add, so I didn’t go for it and there seems to be issues with connectivity etc on the forums. Quality of the actual stick is great and the extra key presses available make a big difference, save your money and go for the V2, you won’t be sorry. Any questions on the stick or base, just ask

Thank you for the information, I was a bit worried about the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL. Probably I will go for that one and the base. 

How hard was the adaptation to the sensing force?

The info on the website reads that the grip is not compatible with the software which is not correct, as it needs the software to work, you’ll not regret the purchase, best F16 stick on the market

• Like 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

• 2 months later...

For those asking, the BLE would be handy if you wanted to use the grip on another base. I use my F18CGRH on a VPC T-50CM2 base w/200mm extension. The base just does X/Y, the grip does everything else over Bluetooth. 

That said, I just got the MkII Ultra FSSB R3L, so I’m going to attempt to use that for everything with the F16SGRH CE, allowing me to ditch the center stick and simplify the cockpit. 

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Welcome to the family .... your gonna love this product !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Today I have been tuning and flying... it is awesome!

I found quite sensible with the default settings, mainly for AAR and carrier landing. But I created some profiles, which are your settings?

I also found very useful the hardware trimming, but a bit confusing respect the DCS trimming. They seem to be inverted, I don't know if I need to tweak something else. 

Firmware with corrections is online.

Am 26.12.2022 um 17:00 schrieb Nahemoth:

Today I have been tuning and flying... it is awesome!

I found quite sensible with the default settings, mainly for AAR and carrier landing. But I created some profiles, which are your settings?

I also found very useful the hardware trimming, but a bit confusing respect the DCS trimming. They seem to be inverted, I don't know if I need to tweak something else. 

• Thanks 1