Parking places on carriers with Supercarriers

jef32

Hi

Now it's a fact, a long time ago, just after having purchased supercarrier, I had made a mission with the F-14 cold and dark on the Harry Trumann Carrier, and when I launched it, I was beginning on a parking place, just near the elevator behind the big tower. Nowadays this missions crashes DCS 2.8 when I try to launch it because we hadn't the choice of parking places anymore. If I create a new mission, the mission begins by placing the F-14 somewhere on the middle of the deck. It's totally unrealistic and we have no choice to change that. Despite this fact, my old mission began on the parking place I wanted and worked good until 2.8 but today, it crashes DCS totally. I regret to have bought supercarrier because it doesn't let us the choice of the parking place to begin a mission on a carrier and I just wish the return of the choice of a parking place to begin a mission with supercarrier, where I want on the carrier and not just with the plane put like a poor sh.t anywhere on the flight deck.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

4 hours ago, jef32 said:

Hi

Now it's a fact, a long time ago, just after having purchased supercarrier, I had made a mission with the F-14 cold and dark on the Harry Trumann Carrier, and when I launched it, I was beginning on a parking place, just near the elevator behind the big tower. Nowadays this missions crashes DCS 2.8 when I try to launch it because we hadn't the choice of parking places anymore. If I create a new mission, the mission begins by placing the F-14 somewhere on the middle of the deck. It's totally unrealistic and we have no choice to change that. Despite this fact, my old mission began on the parking place I wanted and worked good until 2.8 but today, it crashes DCS totally. I regret to have bought supercarrier because it doesn't let us the choice of the parking place to begin a mission on a carrier and I just wish the return of the choice of a parking place to begin a mission with supercarrier, where I want on the carrier and not just with the plane put like a poor sh.t anywhere on the flight deck.

I'm pretty sure we've never had the option to select our cold start parking spot manually (although I haven't tested for a while). The only way to manipulate your starting position, is by blocking the default starting positions. (If you block the all, you'll get the "your flight has been delayed" message.

Have you tried blocking the sixpack? Just place some static aircraft there and you shoud spawn somewhere else. (I agree it's a pity that this is needed)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

So explain me why the mission starts where I want in 2.5.7 and crashes in 2.5.8. For information, I've tried in 2.5.7 to replace the F-14 by a F-18 and the F-18 spawn in the midle of the deck. I will try to do some screenshots. You'll see as soon I post them.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

So here the screenshots:

https://imgur.com/nMrHLiN

Then after, I've just just changed the F-14 by a F-18 without changing nothing else and see what' happens and explain me why:

https://imgur.com/N8JgiUR

Edited by jef32

Because, as far as i know the F-14 uses two carrier slots, and the F-18 only one, and in the carrier's slot logic, the space determines where your plane spawns, according to the spawn order.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

As Esac said, the Hornet is much smaller than the Tomcat. Even though you tried to block the entire street and sixpack, apparently there's just enough space for one Hornet (looks like spawn point no.3 or 4)

sc--083-361-transp.png

sc--083-365-transp.png

https://dcs-docs.lordvesel.win/en/sc/06.editor/#ai-aircraft-parking-and-taxi-logic )

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks for the link. I understand better but it's still a shame that we hadn't the choice of the parking place to begin the mission, like we have on ground. After all, a carrier is a floating airbase.

4 minutes ago, jef32 said:

Thanks for the link. I understand better but it's still a shame that we hadn't the choice of the parking place to begin the mission, like we have on ground. After all, a carrier is a floating airbase.

I agree

Additionally, I really would like to see a start from ground option on the Supercarrier for client/playable aircraft.

That way, one could start from the bow or stern of the ship.

(But all this has been wished for since SC release... maybe one day our wishes are granted)

System specs:

So this topic isn't useless. It's a wish to have the possibility to choose the place where the player's plane spawn on the deck without having to fill the deck with static airplanes to force dcs to spawn where we want.

The reality is; DCS needs an entirely new system for how aircraft spawn in in multiplayer.... full stop.

We should be able to choose an aircraft, draw a flight plan, and spawn in... where we want by choice, or by automation.

Why is this needed? The list of aircraft now is huge, and the maps will no longer be able to support mass multiplayer gameplay anymore. It is honestly a problem already as it stands... finding a slot on big servers? It's a HUGE pain! And then scripts like slot blocker makes it even more confusing when you aren't sure where you can spawn in, and needlessly click on aircraft for several minutes until you actually pop in....

AI? It's fine, it shouldn't need changing.

Humans? it should work as follows:

I am taken to the briefing map (which has existed for a very long time).

I should be able to click on an airfield that is currently "active," and very clearly marked that it is friendly.

I should then be able to choose from a list of aircraft that are allowed to fly on the server.

I should then be able to draw out my waypoints that I want, exactly how it functions in the mission editor.

I should then be able to choose my loadout, set my radio presets if I wish.... all the same stuff from the ME.

Lastly, I should be able to choose exactly what parking spot I want to spawn into, or have an option to choose "nearest open spot to active runway"

4 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

Humans? it should work as follows:

I am taken to the briefing map (which has existed for a very long time).

I should be able to click on an airfield that is currently "active," and very clearly marked that it is friendly.

I should then be able to choose from a list of aircraft that are allowed to fly on the server.

I should then be able to draw out my waypoints that I want, exactly how it functions in the mission editor.

I should then be able to choose my loadout, set my radio presets if I wish.... all the same stuff from the ME.

Lastly, I should be able to choose exactly what parking spot I want to spawn into, or have an option to choose "nearest open spot to active runway"

I just want to point out, the pilot doesn't necessarily get to decide these things. What you want works for a generic casual MP server I guess, but it's a bit too open for something more sim based. Even on more casual servers there can be issues. For example I've seen some limit planes to certain airbases, which would clash with your third point.

I agree that plane selection should be improved, but there are quite a few things that need to be accounted for.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

1 hour ago, jef32 said:

So this topic isn't useless. It's a wish to have the possibility to choose the place where the player's plane spawn on the deck without having to fill the deck with static airplanes to force dcs to spawn where we want.

Who ever said here that your wish was useless 🤨

We merely tried to help you

System specs:

2 hours ago, Exorcet said:

I just want to point out, the pilot doesn't necessarily get to decide these things. What you want works for a generic casual MP server I guess, but it's a bit too open for something more sim based. Even on more casual servers there can be issues. For example I've seen some limit planes to certain airbases, which would clash with your third point.

I agree that plane selection should be improved, but there are quite a few things that need to be accounted for.

For the record yes; this would be the choice of the mission developer, it 100% not be a free-for all; just as in mission editing right now you can limit what planes exist, weapons, etc. This would be no different. And double check; third point works regardless if specific aircraft are set to "not available" by the airfield.

But correct; that system is not designed for smaller group missions; although if we get the point where we can export "DTC" and send to others, it absolutely could be a solution.