FSSB R3 MKII

Supmua

I’m contemplating this one over the  WW version. Mostly because I saw YT reviews of the WW version that was negative about the deadzone and how that affects the fssb functionality. I have a non fssb WW stick which is great, but I do have issues with the deadzone. 

I’m contemplating which stick to go for though. Should I go for the basic stick, or the ce/as version at twice the expense? I have no need for direct memory slots to be honest. 

also, none of them are in stock. Any clue when they will be available again?

@BaronVonVaderham

I just emailed them about the F/A-18 sticks 2 days ago and they said they would become available around X-mas. I don‘t know for the F-16 stick since I did not ask.

I own the „basic“ F-16 stick and I have never „slipped“ off of it…so unless you really desperately need one, I would not go for the more expensive one.

EDIT: That being said, I definitely recommend getting the RS stick. I tried it with a TM stick on the FSSB R3L initially, but it didn‘t feel like it was meant for those kind of forces.

Also note though, that you need to add VAT to the pricetag on the RS website (as far as I recall).

Edited by Phantom711
  • Like 1

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

2 hours ago, BaronVonVaderham said:

I’m contemplating this one over the  WW version. Mostly because I saw YT reviews of the WW version that was negative about the deadzone and how that affects the fssb functionality. I have a non fssb WW stick which is great, but I do have issues with the deadzone. 

I’m contemplating which stick to go for though. Should I go for the basic stick, or the ce/as version at twice the expense? I have no need for direct memory slots to be honest. 

also, none of them are in stock. Any clue when they will be available again?

They should be back in stock at the end of the month. No need to buy the CE/AS unless you want to mount the grip to another (non-RS base).

I'd buy once, cry once. The RS is the better product vs WW.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding sticks for this base,

can anyone confirm that if I put a TM F/A-18 grip on the R3L MKII Ultra, (even tough TM sticks are not particularly suited) all buttons are recognized, including the small rotary one near the "mark" button ?

Thanks.

@Swiso

Suggest, you just download their software package. There should be a manual in there, that might explain the details (e.g.: limitations) if you use a TM stick. 

EDIT: Just checked the manual and could not find anything about any limitations. Additionally you could also put a Warthog PCB into the FSSB R3L…then it should definitely work.

Edited by Phantom711
  • Thanks 1

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

On 12/1/2023 at 9:33 AM, Swiso said:

Regarding sticks for this base,

can anyone confirm that if I put a TM F/A-18 grip on the R3L MKII Ultra, (even tough TM sticks are not particularly suited) all buttons are recognized, including the small rotary one near the "mark" button ?

Thanks.

Ask on the realsim forum and you'll get a quick answer from the guy that runs the company.