TEDAC triggers to axis

NeMoGas

I would like to request the option to assign the triggers on the left and right handgrips to be assignable to an axis such as the triggers on an Xbox controller. 

If we could have this option it would remove the requirement to run a 3rd party program like joy2key. This would also allow both the first and second stage detents to be used without the strange behavior you see in joy2key when you release and it fires the first detent again shooting another missile. 

This request was already asked for but that thread seems to have disappeared and searching through all my previous posts did not find it.

Thanks

• Like 4

17 hours ago, NeMoGas said:

This would also allow both the first and second stage detents to be used without the strange behavior you see in joy2key when you release and it fires the first detent again shooting another missile.

Just an FYI: Joystick Gremlin has options when using an axis as a 2-stage trigger to specify which "direction" the axis is coming from to avoid this issue.  For example, stage 1 of the trigger could be defined as 0%-90% when entering the range from below.  This prevents it from triggering again when coming back down and entering the range from above 90%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m probably a newb at using these programs but the issue I had was I couldn’t use two buttons at once with the program, I think it’s because how the axis on the Xbox controller is read as one axis but I’m probably wrong.  The issue is if I’m just trying to fire it’s fine but I need to lase and fire it wouldn’t detect both at the same time. Do you peeps have a work around or am I setting it up wrong? 

I have fairly recently found the Modifier function to cover my needs regarding the tedac. I assign the pinky lever on the joystick as modifier, activating when in CPG seat. -Effectively giving me two different joystick setups on the fly.
My two playstation controllers retired immediately.
Also: I know what to do when the radar arrives.

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

5 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

I think it’s because how the axis on the Xbox controller is read as one axis

Yes, there is a solution for this.

My controller was working with independent axis on the triggers since the day I bought it.  Then one day, it all of a sudden went to a single "split axis" setup after a Windows Update or something.  After doing much research, I found the answer...

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/qer8pv/xbox_controller_right_and_left_trigger_merged/

The old HID driver for the controller was 2-axis, then Microsoft pushed an updated XINPUT driver that changed the behavior of the triggers to be a single split-axis.  You need to reinstall the driver for the controller from Device Manager, and when picking from the list, select the old "HID-compliant Game Controller" driver.

Then you can map them as different functions with Joystick Gremlin, etc.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...