Would it be possible to update the TF-51D to be multicrew to act as a warbird trainer

WRCRob

There is a bit of a gap for those wanting to learn a high performance warbird, and I think the TF-51 would fill the role exactly as it did for the USAF and others during the late 40's and 50's. It would also be a great way to give people "rides" to experience DCS without a pay barrier to bring more people into the community. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 4

• 11 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 10:45 PM, draconus said:

People can trial any multicrew for 2 whole weeks!

But the only warbird and the only taildragger prop with multicrew is the Mosquito. Not quite the same thing as a Mustang. We have the second seat in TF-51D behind us, just not usable, sadly. 

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

How about the Yak52? It’s not fast, but is actually quite fun

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, WRCRob said:

There is a bit of a gap for those wanting to learn a high performance warbird, and I think the TF-51 would fill the role exactly as it did for the USAF and others during the late 40's and 50's. It would also be a great way to give people "rides" to experience DCS without a pay barrier to bring more people into the community. Just my thoughts. 

I wholly agree with this! Just needs a copy and paste of a rear pilot model and view for someone in the backseat. It can also be used in missions for things like WW2 era recon or something!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 1 month later...