what is Your personal DCS wishlist (and not just flyable mods)

upyr1

1 hour ago, Evoman said:

After watching this great depiction of how a Vietnam map could be in  DCS I want more thing from this era and I am not even from this era.

We will definitely need Vietnam era versions for the A-6 Intruder, Cobra and Phantom.. etc

While I figure Vietnam will melt CPUs for a bit- I do think the early and mid cold war eras need to be built up. I'd really like a interor German border map that covers the 1950s through the 80s. I'd like to see the trees get a damage model before Vietnam. Just saying When I'm dropping a load of bombs from my Phantom, Hun or Spad I want don't want Charly to survive becuse the trees are made of Ho Chi Minium. 

• 1 month later...

Core:

• Improved rocket warhead modelling (better fragmentation models)
  • Improved missile sensor modelling (e.g. to make spoofing incoming missiles more realistic, and make it harder to beat the AI)
  • Possibly more reactive ground units (I liked Gunship! where the ground units would sometimes hunt the helicopters)!
  • A move towards providing more AI assets from a specific time or place (similar to Great Battles)...

I'd like to see a version with some Flaming Cliffs/Modern Air Combat level of detail aircraft, but modelling more modern types (that can't be modelled realistically) or even some types that didn't see production. I'd love to test my skills against an AI piloted Mig 1.42 in an alternate history scenario where the Cold War lasted another ten years and there was no peace dividend.

More realistically I'd like some more Red aircraft (Su-17, Mi-2URP, Mi-24V) and some COIN aircraft (A-37 Dargonfly, Eurocopter Tigre, IA-58)

On 2/9/2023 at 7:50 PM, Avimimus said:

I'd like to see a version with some Flaming Cliffs/Modern Air Combat level of detail aircraft, but modelling more modern types (that can't be modelled realistically) or even some types that didn't see production. I'd love to test my skills against an AI piloted Mig 1.42 in an alternate history scenario where the Cold War lasted another ten years and there was no peace dividend.

Would you settle for better mod support?

On 2/9/2023 at 7:50 PM, Avimimus said:

More realistically I'd like some more Red aircraft (Su-17, Mi-2URP, Mi-24V) and some COIN aircraft (A-37 Dargonfly, Eurocopter Tigre, IA-58)

Due to Chinese and Russian laws there are limits on what we can get in the way of Red Air. We might be able to get cold war variants and foreign upgrades. I've felt that DCS should focus on the cold and world wars.  I know modern AC need to be done so we at least need the latest Red For as AI. 

On the subject of COIN- I hope that when we get a campaign editor that we can set a campaign intensity. There could be a slider one side we have low intensity -COIN OPs where the enemy is limited to yahoos in pick up trucks and man portable weapons then a high intensity full on world war. 

5 hours ago, upyr1 said:

Would you settle for better mod support?

I think the issue is that mods don't have a budget for maintenance... and tend to get broken with DCS updates. So, I still think it would be ideal to have two DCS versions - one which only allows full-fidelity modules, and one which allows simpler systems modelling modules (kind-of like the existing WWII asset pack).

4 hours ago, upyr1 said:

Due to Chinese and Russian laws there are limits on what we can get in the way of Red Air. We might be able to get cold war variants and foreign upgrades. I've felt that DCS should focus on the cold and world wars.  I know modern AC need to be done so we at least need the latest Red For as AI. 

On the subject of COIN- I hope that when we get a campaign editor that we can set a campaign intensity. There could be a slider one side we have low intensity -COIN OPs where the enemy is limited to yahoos in pick up trucks and man portable weapons then a high intensity full on world war. 

I agree.

I suppose it is just - with no simulator covering modern aircraft - it might be good to have some ability/compromise which allows the DCS engine to cover some of these aircraft (perhaps in a separate environment like MAC, but also not in a super-arcady gamified way).

On 12/10/2022 at 6:07 AM, sirrah said:

Ok, I'll be the one to point at the pink elephant in the corner 😉

In times where one needs an additional mortgage in order to purchase a GPU:

My no.1 wish for DCS: Performance improvements

This. This right here hits the nail on the head

On 12/10/2022 at 5:07 AM, sirrah said:

Ok, I'll be the one to point at the pink elephant in the corner 😉

In times where one needs an additional mortgage in order to purchase a GPU:

My no.1 wish for DCS: Performance improvements

You do realize that any performance “improvements” will eventually get eaten up by more features so that the end result will be that the game still demands the most from hardware. Such is life in PC gaming. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

You do realize that any performance “improvements” will eventually get eaten up by more features so that the end result will be that the game still demands the most from hardware. Such is life in PC gaming. 

With 30 years experience in flying almost all sims that have ever existed, nothing is more true than this. New improvements in equipment create a vacuum that flight sims are extremely good in filling instantly.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

6 hours ago, trevoC said:

With 30 years experience in flying almost all sims that have ever existed, nothing is more true than this. New improvements in equipment create a vacuum that flight sims are extremely good in filling instantly.

Most games don't evolve this long on a legacy engine/code. Both you and @SharpeXB know that this needs to be addressed first, before adding even more eye candy. I never said ED should stop developing after that.. of course they shouldn't.. I merely stated that my no.1 wish at this moment would be: performance improvements 

Luckily ED knows this is needed and they're working hard to realize it.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

9 hours ago, sirrah said:

Most games don't evolve this long on a legacy engine/code. Both you and @SharpeXB know that this needs to be addressed first, before adding even more eye candy. I never said ED should stop developing after that.. of course they shouldn't.. I merely stated that my no.1 wish at this moment would be: performance improvements 

Luckily ED knows this is needed and they're working hard to realize it.

Sure, but the way I see it, performance improvements alone aren’t really a goal. The additional features are. Clearly though something like a Dynamic Campaign will benefit from multi core. Not because it will just run better but that it can have more complexity while running acceptably on typical hardware. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

13 hours ago, sirrah said:

Both you and @SharpeXB know that this needs to be addressed first, before adding even more eye candy.

I didn't imply they shouldn't. I'm looking forward to engine improvements so I can cap them again. Just removing the idea from anyone (or addressing it) that some magic code will make flight sims run with extreme settings at 240 fps. Never going to happen.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS