A-10C/C II - Possible bug - Flashlight only works when battery is on

I've just tested this in 3 different versions (current Stable, current OpenBeta, ClosedBeta) in both the A-10C and the A-10C II, and the flashlight works in all of them without touching the battery switch.

Please create a track or a video showing the problem and state the exact DCS version that you tested it in.

Thanks for the track!

In it, I see you switching the flashlight on just fine, so up to that point it works perfectly fine and as expected and doesn't require battery power during my playback.

The flashlight remains on when you switch on the battery, but then as you switch the battery off again, the flashlight also goes off and from that point on, the flashlight is indeed tied to the battery. Good catch!

I'll file a bug report.

On a practical note, is there a particular reason you switched off the battery before the end of the flight (not in this track obviously, but when you discovered this problem)? As far as I'm aware, pilots will keep the battery on from startup all the way to the very end of the shutdown procedure.

As you say, "...to the very end of the shutdown procedure.".

I like to just fly and use the aircraft for other than just kill tanks.

So I landed, shut everything down and went for a snack.

When I came back the flashlight wasn't working, although I knew I had turned it on.

So I tried to start the systems in the dark using keyboard controls, and when I turned the battery on the flashlight came on also.

That's how I found out.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 9:23 PM, NightMan said:

Like the title says, in the A-10C/C II the flashlight only works when the battery (aircraft battery) is on.

As far as I know, flashlights use AA or AAA batteries and don't depend from the aircraft's batteries.

Is this behaviour correct or is it a bug?

I think I recall some other aircraft also having the same issue, where the flashlight can be used before the battery is turned on, but once the battery switch is turned on, the flashlight won't work with the battery off.  If so, it may not be specific to the A-10C

• 3 weeks later...