Vikhr not showing correct 3d model like before after firing

dertien

This is not an issue related only to the new BS3, but happens with the BS2 module as well. After firing, the Vikhrs don't show the already fired tubes on the exterior 3D model. The spent Vikhr tubes were empty and you could see through them after they were fired. This is no longer the case.

At some point this must have been introduced in a patch (or with the new updated black shark 3) because on the BS2 this did not used to be an issue.

Edited by dertien
  • Like 1

Interesting, I was thinking the same, found a video, but it's showing a very short moment, cant see the closing but I guess it looks like it...stop at 0:57 and 0:58

at 5:37 in this one....

Edited by McDaniel
  • Like 5

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Ah okay, it seems to be a new feature then... okay cool, than this can be scratched off the list.

My bad.

Fying VR I always found it easy to check how many Vikhrs I had left...

Looks like I'm going to need to read the instruments in the cockpit now.

🙃😄

After going back and watching several launches carefully, the front caps, or more accurately "doors," do, in fact quickly open and snap closed as the missile leaves the tube. It's "blink-and-you-missed-it" quick. In BS2, the doors were absent after launch, leading me to assume that they were jettisoned at launch. Given that the doors look like they have proper hinges, I feel that the BS3 behavior is accurate. Also, upon closer examination of the tubes from aft, the spent tubes are empty. This leaves my only question about the Igla. Due to the nature of their launch, I can't manage to aim one and then go to an external view to witness the launch to observe the doors behavior. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mvesky said:

After going back and watching several launches carefully, the front caps, or more accurately "doors," do, in fact quickly open and snap closed as the missile leaves the tube. It's "blink-and-you-missed-it" quick. In BS2, the doors were absent after launch, leading me to assume that they were jettisoned at launch. Given that the doors look like they have proper hinges, I feel that the BS3 behavior is accurate. Also, upon closer examination of the tubes from aft, the spent tubes are empty. This leaves my only question about the Igla. Due to the nature of their launch, I can't manage to aim one and then go to an external view to witness the launch to observe the doors behavior. 

Maybe you can try to view your track again after saving it and viewing how the Iglas react. Keep the track short, since the replay of the track is not a 1:1 correct representation of the mission you flew.

Since I have BS2 and before BS1, I was also under the impression that the front 'doors' were just blasted through or off, right before the missile is shot, assuming the same as you.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:07 PM, McDaniel said:

Interesting, I was thinking the same, found a video, but it's showing a very short moment, cant see the closing but I guess it looks like it...stop at 0:57 and 0:58

at 5:37 in this one....

I watched the videos slowed down to 0.25 and on both videos the "door" stay open after launch.

1 hour ago, Solo_Turk said:

you saw wrong mate it's obvious in the first video at 0.57 with x0.25 speed.door is closing after missile left

Door start closing a little bit , but then stop and stay open.  The door stop and don't move anymore several frames. 

edit/

O.K. I see now , one is closing , one stay open.

Edited by bingbean
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

I know it is tagged as 'correct as is' only is it really? When I watch the videos full speed I can see caps / doors blasting open, when I watch the BS3 track I don't notice it at all. It was clearly visible in BS2, yes door stayed open there and maybe that was wrong but in BS3 I don't think doors open even during a shoot. 

I need to find a way to slow down the track to capture the screen for that.

LeftALT+Z to slow down speed
LeftCTRL+Z to speed up time
LeftSHIFT+Z to set normal time

• Like 1

Yes yes I did that and removed my post, you can remove yours. Animation is there I checked my track.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta