BS2 uninstall after BS3 install?

Bastlwastl
Go to solution Solved by ebabil,

1 hour ago, Bastlwastl said:

Can the BS2 be uninstalled after installing BS3 or has it to be installes in order to get the BS3 to work correctly?

Good questiion .. I assumed they were independent aircrafts, but the old BS2 uses 2.2 GB of space, while the new BS3 only 1 GB ... so it makes me doubt, maybe the new BS3 does use some parts of the older one.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Solution

it should be seperate as a10c and a10c2. 

you may uninstall it but you will not be able to play the contents which were created for bs2. same applies for MP server slots.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

13 hours ago, TAIPAN_ said:

Works fine with BS2 uninstalled (so far)

What works fine? Slotting Ka-50-2 slots in MP? Playing Ka-50-2 missions/campaigns?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

11 hours ago, QuiGon said:

What works fine? Slotting Ka-50-2 slots in MP? Playing Ka-50-2 missions/campaigns?

Ka-50 v3 works as per the OP's question which was "in order to get the BS3 to work correctly?"

Why would it work in BS2 slots or BS2 campaigns? I'd thought that was obvious but regarding playing the old module content - read this previous reply:

On 12/19/2022 at 5:43 AM, ebabil said:

you may uninstall it but you will not be able to play the contents which were created for bs2. same applies for MP server slots.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

16 hours ago, TAIPAN_ said:

Why would it work in BS2 slots or BS2 campaigns? I'd thought that was obvious but regarding playing the old module content - read this previous reply:

That difference isn't as obvious to many users actually, so I just wanted to make that difference clear.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just found out from another thread that the special option to displace the helmet mounted sight isn't working in BS3 yet, and the workaround is that the special option in BS2 will change the displacement for both models.

I may have to reinstall BS2 in order to fix my Helmet sight until it's fixed.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods