Need head's up on unresolved Bugs

icemaker

Latest patch has addressed bugs and features on almost all modules and theaters except A-10C!
I need to understand why ED is not putting any effort on this module?

Here is a non exaustive list of unresolved bugs that would need some ED attention, some are here since more than two years.

Date reported
BUG

02/10/2020

DSMS stuck on loadout from previous mission
14/12/2022 Non-Functional DMS HOTAS Commands
13/01/2021 Maverick training mission won't advance past turning EO on
05/12/2022 MAV Crosshairs Color
29/10/2022 IR Marker blocking MFD with NVG on
25/08/2022 Canopy open / close keybind doesn't work
19/10/2022 UFC SPC button inserts 2 spaces
27/09/2022 Missing texture / geometry, when looking outside of the cockpit (VR/TrackIR)
24/04/2022 TGP not LASING when rolling towards the target
05/10/2020 CCIP Consent to Release - Losing the CCIP gun reticle
30/05/2022 No adjustable brightness of clock and UHF preset indicator
12/06/2022 aircraft suddenly pitches up when crossing runway threshold 
09/03/2021 Battery off = flashlight off
30/06/2022 Auto Start Does Not Close Canopy
03/03/2022 Rapid fire with 4xAim9

This list is based on forum topics listed as reported but not solved, some are minor, some are game breaker.

TGP IR issues are not listed because i assume it's work in progress, even if it breaks a lot the A-10C deployment.

NOTE: This topic is not intended to start any flame thread agains ED, just intended to understand why the lack of updates.

• ED Team

Hi, to quickly note below your listed examples

DSMS stuck on loadout from previous mission - reported. It is due to using prepare mission feature, if you dont use prepare mission it works fine. 
Maverick training mission won't advance past turning EO on - Fixed 
MAV Crosshairs Color - reported
IR Marker blocking MFD with NVG on - reported
Canopy open / close keybind doesn't work - fixed
UFC SPC button inserts 2 spaces - reported
Missing texture / geometry, when looking outside of the cockpit (VR/TrackIR) - reported
TGP not LASING when rolling towards the target - known
No adjustable brightness of clock and UHF preset indicator - reported
aircraft suddenly pitches up when crossing runway threshold - investigating - waiting for feedback
Battery off = flashlight off - reported
Auto Start Does Not Close Canopy - fixed
Rapid fire with 4xAim9 - reported

As always when an issue is fixed we will mention it in the change log, we are not always great as marking threads fixed so we will try harder. 

When we have free dev time issues will be addressed based on priority. 

While it is not your intention to create a flame thread, this is what will happen. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

DSMS stuck on loadout from previous mission - reported. It is due to using prepare mission feature, if you dont use prepare mission it works fine. 

This one I've been chasing for years with no success. There are cases where mission creators swear that they never used "Prepare Mission" and still end up with the DSMS folder in the .miz file, in turn ruining any rearming. So far I really don't know why the ME creates the DSMS folder in some of these cases even though "Prepare Mission" isn't used.

10 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Maverick training mission won't advance past turning EO on - Fixed 

Is that fixed internally? The A-10C (legacy) is still stuck at this step for me (any DCS version).

27 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Canopy open / close keybind doesn't work - fixed

BTW @icemaker that's fixed in the OpenBeta; with Black Shark 3 just released into OpenBeta, I'm sure the Stable will get an update pretty soon and this will finally be a thing of the past (I suffer from this problem every week at squad training... 😄 ).

11 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

TGP not LASING when rolling towards the target - known

Is this really a bug? There is some kind of blind spot where the TGP has to gimbal roll, but as far as I can tell it's still open to discussion whether or not this may actually be realistic. Not 100 % sure whether this relates to an inability to lase a target, though; I'm not sure I'm thinking of the same problem as OP.

12 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

aircraft suddenly pitches up when crossing runway threshold - investigating - waiting for feedback

Is that waiting for user feedback? Last I checked there were tracks and I was under the impression that this is now being looked at by the devs. Because of the extremely rare occurance, it's very hard to create tracks, but I know that there is at least one (because I uploaded it, and I pinged both you and Nineline many months ago 😉 ).

16 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Battery off = flashlight off - reported

I think the original problem was considered fixed; it's only about a week ago when a user reported that switching the battery ON, then OFF now ties the flashlight to the battery. It's kind of a follow-on problem, but the flashlight in A-10C and A-10C II definitely works without the battery initially, so this should be easy enough for players to work around. Unlike OP, I would call this an open bug for only about a week, because that's the earliest report that I'm aware of.

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

Is that waiting for user feedback? Last I checked there were tracks and I was under the impression that this is now being looked at by the devs. Because of the extremely rare occurance, it's very hard to create tracks, but I know that there is at least one (because I uploaded it, and I pinged both you and Nineline many months ago 😉 ).

SME / Dev feedback 

9 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

I think the original problem was considered fixed; it's only about a week ago when a user reported that switching the battery ON, then OFF now ties the flashlight to the battery. It's kind of a follow-on problem, but the flashlight in A-10C and A-10C II definitely works without the battery initially, so this should be easy enough for players to work around. Unlike OP, I would call this an open bug for only about a week, because that's the earliest report that I'm aware of.

The original report was fixed, Can you PM your internal report for the new issue. 

edit: found the report thanks

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 12/19/2022 at 2:54 PM, BIGNEWY said:

While it is not your intention to create a flame thread, this is what will happen. 

If everyone has respect for each other it wont happen.
Maybe you can understand that A-10C customers can be a bit frustrated on lack of updates, and communication from you.
I really hope that the A-10 will come back into ED attention, and we finally have the module we love and deserve.

• Like 1

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, icemaker said:

If everyone has respect for each other it wont happen.
Maybe you can understand that A-10C customers can be a bit frustrated on lack of updates, and communication from you.
I really hope that the A-10 will come back into ED attention, and we finally have the module we love and deserve.

When we have news we will share it, as we have already mentioned ARC-210 is in progress, and bugs are waiting for free developer time. 

Glad you like it it is one of our favourites also. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an interior lighting issue as well. If I do an "instant action" to a dark environment, all interior and exterior lights work as they should. If I do a cold start, the engine and flight instruments do not light up anywhere and the dials have no effect whatsoever. The rest of the lighting (both interior and exterior) works. Any ideas if this is a known issue?

44 minutes ago, Drakentoth said:

I'm having an interior lighting issue as well.

I would suggest you first look for an answer using the forum's search, and if it comes up empty, post this question in the proper forum section (which module does it affect?), providing one or several short tracks and/or videos to illustrate the problem.

• 11 months later...

I would love for the CCIP Consent to Release bug to be addressed, the CR modes have been broken for many years now. 2 more weeks? @BIGNEWY

As always we thank the developers for their great unending work.

RTX 3080 12GB  *  i7-13700K  *  64GB DDR5  *  Windows 11

• ED Team
10 hours ago, alip said:

I would love for the CCIP Consent to Release bug to be addressed, the CR modes have been broken for many years now. 2 more weeks? @BIGNEWY

As always we thank the developers for their great unending work.

I have asked the team to take a look, but it is a low priority issue. 

So we dont have people bumping this much older thread I will close, if you have bugs that are not already reported please make new threads with track replays. 

thanks