DCS CH47 Discussion thread

SilentGun

1 minute ago, Vortexstate said:

Obviously, but it's just stuff I spotted. No need for that 🙂

my bad i thought you were full on criticizing them

• Like 1

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.

On 4/19/2024 at 6:34 PM, freehand said:

Chinooks fly over my dwelling regular I hear then well before they arrive so must bag this module not far from me near "tony martins" house not the singer , one was hovering over a farm dropping something off not sure why or what but strangely strange but oddly true. Nice one ED.  

They do fly low...but are so loud there's no trouble getting out with a camera before they fly over.  Had a Crashhawk circle once, my guess is because I more or less appeared out of nowhere with a BFL pointed at him.

Guy on the left's face was visible, so I Gimped it out by copying the masked man on the right.

LowShihook.JPG

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Given all other helicopters with gunners can(Huey, HIP, Hind) which are from ED i assume the Hook will have it too.

Gunner post on doors has appears on the CH-47F video. 

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-19 162103.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-20 101358.png

Edited by Silver_Dragon

On 4/20/2024 at 3:18 AM, Gunfreak said:

Yes, I'm saying if the brits used the M60 on their Hooks even through they normally don't even have that weapon in their inventory. Then there's probably a reason both the Americans and brits used them on the hooks so long. 

Only because there were so many m60s and thier door mounts for helicopter use in circulation that it took a long while to replace them all? 

Us army didnt start mass adopting m240s until the tail end of the 1990s.

There is no technical advantage of an m60 over a m240. It's only to be used for Vietnam nostalgia. Or i guess larping being shafted by your armorer, being unlucky enough to have your specific helicopter in the aviation regiment equipped with the last handful of heavily worn out m60s in circulation in 2000s?

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Interested.

But I will wait for M-134 Miniguns and Multicrew (Copilot and Crew Chief) for purchase.

Can we have a Refuelprobe and Big Fuel Tanks as fictional additions to the CH-47F? Not that I want a MH47E SpecOps Variant at all... But I really like to have options. 🤣.

Edited by Gruman

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

4 minutes ago, Gruman said:

Interested.

But I will wait for M-134 Miniguns and Multicrew (Copilot and Crew Chief) for purchase.

Can we have a Refuelprobe and Big Fuel Tanks as fictional additions to the CH-47F? Not that I want a MH47E SpecOps Variant at all... But I really like to have options. 🤣.

What about Multicrew?
Pilot multicrew is certainly planned for the early access release, but door or rear-gunner multicrew support is planned for after the early access release.

Thanks. I've seen the FAQ and knew about it. So I will simply wait until they have a functioning Crew Chief position.

You dont see cargo on the ground, you dont see the rear wheels touching the ground on pinnicle landing etc. Don't see much point flying this bus without a human crew.

• Like 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

39 minutes ago, Vortexstate said:

Hey guys. Found some new stuff that's wrong with the Chinook. These are called the AFCS ports, and I assume they're sensors for the DAFCS. Completely missing on what was shown 

image.png

And to back up on the standby instrument thing, here you go:

.CDN media

null

image.png

You are correct make but do not forget it is early access i guess they will fix it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]