BRU-42 with 3x MK-82 clips through FT600 Fuel Tank

bigcomputerman
Go to solution Solved by Vakarian,

On a related note, I believe A-10s never load a fuel tank for combat operations. Technically, it would of course fit (taking into account the neighboring weapon stations), they just don't do it. So, pond crossing: external tanks, travel pods, but no weapons. Combat missions: no external tanks, no travel pods.

Should it be possible to load this stuff anyway? Yeah, probably. In case of a super secret TOP GUN style deep strike, I'm sure the crews would be given more leeway, so we should be able to do it in DCS.

I guess the best solution would be to disable weapon combinations like the one above. But players will figure it out eventually. 😄

Edited by Yurgon

You cannot in real life load stations 5,6,7 at the same time I’m pretty sure. It’s either 5,7 or 6 for this reason.  The jet shouldn’t let you even load it in DSMS I believe. Also to echo Yurgon, no tanks in combat. Those tanks come with some ops  limitations and also increase the general explodyness of the aircraft. 

For now I believe we can all agree to prevent the choice of adding/changing pylon 5-7 depending whether or not there is enough space to fit enough arnaments like triple racked bombs with some sort of pod (fuel, or travel), especially for the sake of realism.

Wouldn't you agree gentlemen?

Edited by bigcomputerman
fixing