ATFLIR questions

CBStu

ATFLIR has been bugging me for quite a while so today I decided to do some research and went to Chuck's Guide. Problem I have is the FLIR is constantly designating a TGT on it's own. Then I turn the plane and FLIR goes nuts trying to stay on that target. It also, on the SA page, swaps a waypoint to TGT. Many times all I have done is use the FLIR to look around and try to find the target. So I don't find it, haven't designated it, fly on past it, go 8-10 miles, do a 180deg turn and try again. Now the FLIR is aimed at something like 180 deg, and I have to manually slew it back, or hit VVSLV. So reading in Chucks G and find this, "When either Scene Track or Auto Track is performed, the target point is automatically designated." Well crap, I did cycle through those because many times the retical  has changed on it's own and can not be slewed, and I need to get to where I can slew it. For me it is a constant pain in the a-- and often forces me to hit active pause so I have time to get this straightened out. Anyone have an idea how to make this easier?

• Like 1

As far as the WYPT/TGT thing goes, WYPT indication always switches to TGT when a designation exists on the HSI/SA pages, and removes the WPDSG option until undesignated.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Why are you flying past the target area and coming back? It's far easier to just establish a left-hand orbit at a safe altitude and have continuous FLIR coverage around the target area. 

You can also use the HMD to designate an area and snap the FLIR to it, rather than having to use VVSLV. Again, establish an orbit, then designate out the side of the cockpit with the HMD.

• Like 1

If you’ve got cursor control on a mini-stick then do you have a deadzone on your control bindings? Wondering if as you’re menuvering your cursor control axis is trigging it very slightly and that’s causing it to lock random places? 

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.