New VSN F-4B/C

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe you have the historic filter enabled?

2KXgb0h.jpg

I don't have a clue what your talking about? I'm no Computer expert. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Timex 3

1 minute ago, Timex3 said:

I don't have a clue what your talking about? I'm no Computer expert.

A few years ago, the DCS users requested a way to not have ww2 aircrafts (or vehicles) appear on the unit lists when they are editing a mission set in modern times. ED then added the historic filter to the Mission Editor, that clock thing on the bottom bar. If you have it enabled, the unit list will only contain ED aircraft's that were actually in service on the year that you have assigned to the mission.

The only problem with this filter, is that it only works for ED's aircrafts, it does not work with user mod aircrafts like the VSN ones. So, when using these aircrafts you have to turn off the filter by clicking on the clock icon.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

A few years ago, the DCS users requested a way to not have ww2 aircrafts (or vehicles) appear on the unit lists when they are editing a mission set in modern times. ED then added the historic filter to the Mission Editor, that clock thing on the bottom bar. If you have it enabled, the unit list will only contain ED aircraft's that were actually in service on the year that you have assigned to the mission.

The only problem with this filter, is that it only works for ED's aircrafts, it does not work with user mod aircrafts like the VSN ones. So, when using these aircrafts you have to turn off the filter by clicking on the clock icon.

Thank you, I will load up DCS and hit the watch icon and see if the F-4B/C shows up. All my other Mods work perfectly.

Timex 3

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I hit the watch Icon, but no luck, I don't get it, very frustrating!! I should note that I'm currently running the stable version of DCS.

Thanks for your help.

Timex 3

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

I hit the watch Icon, but no luck, I don't get it, very frustrating!! I should note that I'm currently running the stable version of DCS.

I'm using Open beta, and th F-4B/C shows up on my ME:

CXCddtW.jpg

4MtYB26.jpg

Hope you will find the cause.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

On 7/23/2023 at 8:50 PM, ContinuedMayhem2020 said:

For some reason I can no longer access the discord, could somebody please help a brother out? 

https://discord.gg/gryfXSjN

On 7/26/2023 at 7:28 PM, Timex3 said:

Thanks for your help.

Timex 3

Did you check your dcs.log (saved games/dcs/logs/dcs.log) for errors regarding the F-4B? Is it in "saved games/dcs/mods/aircraft/VSN_F4" ?

• Like 1

The rest of the cockpit-changes:

And here are the new RADAR-Fucntions:

And here you'll find the update 2.8.4.200:

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

The update is standalone. Please delete the previous version and install this one.
You can install the liveries onto this mod (mod-folder), or unzip them and insert them into a folder named VSN_F4B or VSN_F4C in your saved games/dcs/liveries folder.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, PeeJott17 said:

https://discord.gg/gryfXSjN

Did you check your dcs.log (saved games/dcs/logs/dcs.log) for errors regarding the F-4B? Is it in "saved games/dcs/mods/aircraft/VSN_F4" ?

Hey PeeJott17, The F-4B/C Shows up as a active Mod in the DCS Menu. It also shows up in the Mod folder, but it doesn't show up in game, there is no F-4B or C. I'm no computer expert, so I don't have a clue Log files and I don't know how to check for errors. 

Thanks for helping me out, its much appreciated!!

Timex 3

• Like 2

@PeeJott17

This's really a big and beautiful update. It seems to me that the flight and trim inputs are a little more sensitive (I fly F-4B), or is it just my impression? I've deleted the previous version and installed the new one. But I left the old files in Config/Input. That's right?

Also thanks for the instructional videos.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 10:30 PM, plott1964 said:

I'm having the same issue as @Timex3

I am also having the same issue. As with the A-4, the F-4 shows up as an active mod in the game but cannot be found in the mission editor despite checking the time filter (I tried 1965, 1970, 1975, 1980 and 1990 just for kicks). 

On 8/2/2023 at 10:30 PM, plott1964 said:

I'm having the same issue as @Timex3

1 hour ago, SgtPappy said:

I am also having the same issue.  ... the F-4 shows up as an active mod in the game but cannot be found in the mission editor despite checking the time filter 

I'd love to help, but you provide almost no information on how or where you have placed the Mod ... all I can say is that the Mod does work on my DCS, so there is no reason why it can't work on yours .. I'd venture that you have placed it on the wrong path, or you have a conflict with another Mod, but I cant be sure.

On my DCS I placed the Mod on this path:

QEMYnfJ.jpg

It does show up on the mission editor (with the Historic Filter Off):

YQn2dQE.jpg

and it runs on the Sim:

BWLtbqF.jpg

My training missions for this aircraft still work, but the cockpit highlight now do not match the instruments ... seems the cockpit model was updated drastically:

j6POCrC.jpg

Hope you can get it working, Greetings,

Eduardo

15 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I'd love to help, but you provide almost no information on how or where you have placed the Mod ... all I can say is that the Mod does work on my DCS, so there is no reason why it can't work on yours .. I'd venture that you have placed it on the wrong path, or you have a conflict with another Mod, but I cant be sure.

I meant to specify that, like Timex3, I had everything installed in the same way. 

That said, I must apologize. I looked through your previous answer and for me, the historical filter did the trick as it doesn't seem to work for mods. Sorry about that and thanks!

On 7/29/2023 at 12:03 PM, Timex3 said:

Hey PeeJott17, The F-4B/C Shows up as a active Mod in the DCS Menu. It also shows up in the Mod folder, but it doesn't show up in game, there is no F-4B or C. I'm no computer expert, so I don't have a clue Log files and I don't know how to check for errors. 

Thanks for helping me out, its much appreciated!!

Timex 3

Timex3, just to clarify, did you turn OFF the filter? It should look like this at the bottom of the mission editor:

image.png

NOT like this:

image.png

Edited by SgtPappy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm looking for some help. I have downloaded the F-4B and C. but sadly it doesn't work. The F-4B,C show up in the installed menu in DCS but again it still won't work? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Timex-3

7 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

it doesn't work

That’s not very descriptive, you need to provide more detail in order to get useful help, otherwise you will only get wild guesses 😞

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

That’s not very descriptive, you need to provide more detail in order to get useful help, otherwise you will only get wild guesses 😞

Good morning Rudel, Again I downloaded the VSN F-4B &C and I installed it in my Aircraft Folder. I start up DCS and I can see in the F-4B & C in the DCS menu, it shows that its active but it still doesn't show up in the Simulator??? 

Thanks,

Timex 3 

59 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

I can see in the F-4B & C in the DCS menu, it shows that its active but it still doesn't show up in the Simulator??? 

Are you editing your own missions? Remember that non-official aircrafts are not compatible with the historic filter of the mission editor.

Edit: Just re-installed the Mod to check on it ... seems to work fine on latest Openbeta, so I would rule out a Mod bug:

bnaPQkh.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Are you editing your own missions? Remember that non-official aircrafts are not compatible with the historic filter of the mission editor.

Edit: Just re-installed the Mod to check on it ... seems to work fine on latest Openbeta, so I would rule out a Mod bug:

bnaPQkh.jpg

Thank you Rudel. I'm still having this issue! I have read a number of posts regarding this issue but I don't see the answers!! Yes, I personally enjoy creating Missions in the Mission Editor. The VSN F-4E works, but not the F-4B or C. Thanks again,

Timex 3

45 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

The VSN F-4E works, but not the F-4B or C.

Have you tried to use just the F-4B/C Mod, without the E?  ... the E is a much older Mod and thus I wouldn't discard a compatibility issue.