Miniguns to weak?

Eisprinzessin
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

1 hour ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Is this what you mean?

www.steidele.info/dcstrack.zip

If you are flying solo player mission, once you exit it, you will see save track button.

If flying multiplayer mission, go to your DCS saved games folder/tracks and find that file.

Copy that file here so we can test it ourselves.

• Solution

Sorry, I can't replay your track because it contains mods.

mods.png

Here's mine, with close-ups on impacts.

It takes quite a number of bullets, it's true, but remember it's only 7.62 mm. As BIGNEWY once said, it's more a matter of vehicle damage model than aything else:

Huey minigun vs trucks.trk

Edited by Flappie
typo

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Miniguns are fine, trucks are too tough, or alternatively the amount of damage it takes for the sim to register them as "dead" is too high. Basically, the truck DM is too primitive to properly simulate the fact that the engine would be put out of action with a single bullet, any troops under the tarp cut to ribbons, and the cargo trashed, unless it can withstand 7.62mm hits by itself. It won't turn into a ball of flame, though, and that's the problem, because the sim only recognizes "fine", and "ball of flame", with little middleground. I think it's possible to disable a truck so that it can no longer move, but the objectives won't always recognize that as a kill, and the scoreboard definitely won't.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:41 AM, Eisprinzessin said:

OK, got it. I just thought a fuel truck should be out after the first "shave" with a good minigun salvo.

eh IDK. fuel doesn't always explode when hit. Especially if it is diesel and/or in self sealing tanks. But yeah, getting ripped by 20 rds of 7.62 should very well disable a soft skin vehicle. 

Edited by SPAS79