Mission 3 - play through

Here we go....  Scary night stuff.

I was surprised that Paco lead me home this time. Usually he get stuck at the Tanker. Hope ED fixes this kind of stuff.

While they at it, they might as well fix the roll onset, so I don't get scared so much if  and when Paco plays wild  😉

Have fun

• Like 1

Great flying!

I'm surprised you chose to use NVG-s instead of increasing the gamma. I find DCS nights to be unrealistically dark, so I always increase the gamma and then the whole thing becomes playable.

As for the press spacebar requests, they're set up so that the mission knows what you're doing, otherwise it won't know when to play the radio messages or do other stuff. It's impossible to set up a trigger like 'when you slide back behind the tanker' - no way to know. Sorry it made you have to retry but you aced it the 2nd time as well!

I'm surprised Paco broke off. I've never heard of a bug that works 20% of the time. It really looks like DCS has some sort of latency/ trigger prioritization issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reflected said:

Great flying!

I'm surprised you chose to use NVG-s instead of increasing the gamma. I find DCS nights to be unrealistically dark, so I always increase the gamma and then the whole thing becomes playable.

As for the press spacebar requests, they're set up so that the mission knows what you're doing, otherwise it won't know when to play the radio messages or do other stuff. It's impossible to set up a trigger like 'when you slide back behind the tanker' - no way to know. Sorry it made you have to retry but you aced it the 2nd time as well!

I'm surprised Paco broke off. I've never heard of a bug that works 20% of the time. It really looks like DCS has some sort of latency/ trigger prioritization issue.

No complaint, just a lack of brainpowers on my part 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Reflected said:

wow...

Out of curiosity, what are your PC specs? CPU/GPU/RAM

I’ve got a 5800X3D, Alienware MoBo, FE RTX 4080, HyperX 2*16GB RAM at 3200MHz. 

• Like 1

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3