Modular Building - Released

MODULAR BUILDING MOD

PAINTKIT FOR THE GROUND & BILLBOARD

Installation:
Drop the "Modular Building" folder in C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\

Ingame, the building elements can be found under "Static Objects -> Structures -> MB - XXX"

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 4

• Eight Ball changed the title to Modular Building (WIP)

Wow. Finally! We need this! Especially for Combined Arms and helicopter players!

• Like 2

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Glad to see the interest 🙂

Before the release, I'd like to make a couple more variations of the middle floor so it doesn't look too repetitive, especially once destroyed.

There also doesn't seem to have any consistency with where the units spawns once placed on top of the building. Sometimes they spawn on the very top floor, sometimes on the ground floor and sometimes somewhere in between. It seems random which is a bit annoying, needs further testing.

i.e. 3 story building, they all spawn on the top floor

gflt4hp.jpg

But here they spawn somewhere in the middle

dEX7L9Z.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Just an idea but have you tried creating (adding to the map) the units and building slices in the precise order they should appear?  

Like - if you want them on the 3rd floor: 

Create bottom, create first/second/third layers, then create the units, then add the rest of the building. 

IOW - I think the "order of birth" may be playing a role.

Varying mid-floor styles would indeed be excellent, as would skins to change the overall look and feel to whatever extent is possible. Especially the top floor.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

20 hours ago, fargo007 said:

Just an idea but have you tried creating (adding to the map) the units and building slices in the precise order they should appear?  

Like - if you want them on the 3rd floor: 

Create bottom, create first/second/third layers, then create the units, then add the rest of the building. 

IOW - I think the "order of birth" may be playing a role.

Yes I've tried that but it seems to only work with static objects, not ground units.

• Like 2

I must admit I somewhat lost interest in the modular building concept once I found out I couldn't precisely place the infantry units.

So I'm just going to share it in its current state. I may or may not continue development depending on the feedbacks.

MODULAR BUILDING MOD

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

• Eight Ball changed the title to Modular Building - Released
  • 4 months later...
On 3/1/2023 at 1:56 PM, Eight Ball said:

I must admit I somewhat lost interest in the modular building concept once I found out I couldn't precisely place the infantry units.

So I'm just going to share it in its current state. I may or may not continue development depending on the feedbacks.

MODULAR BUILDING MOD

Considering how unpredictable and erratic is the infantry units' behaviour in their current state, even if you managed to place them precisely where you want, more often than not they would not behave in a logical manner anyway (I see they like to jump out of the building so much).

So what about creating a variety of different floors with static shooting points in them? In order to simplify the task and not have to deal with the animation of soldiers, you could place those points behind some cover (building materials, sandbag walls, etc.), or rather, the cover itself would be the shooting point.

The mission maker would have access to a variety of floors with different amount of shooting points (say, 1 to 3 for each side) and weapon type (sniper, attack rifle, AT, MANPADS).

We would then be limited with not being able to see and aim at the infantry figures, though on the other hand, we would benefit from a more consistent behaviour game-wise (the shooters would keep their position inside the building) - which is imho more important

Edited by Coupon4Coffin