Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

What a cool mod, that's the quality!

The sound of radars acts on the ears as real, annoying, but it is very realistic
Some ideas for 1.0.1:
- 50N6 rotates too fast, I know that some of videos used as references were intentionally speeded up by the editors. But there are other videos too, showing slower rate
- 96L6 should rotate clockwise and should have a slight inclination towards the sky (3-5 degrees)

Edited by tripod3
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

The sound of radars acts on the ears as real, annoying, but it is very realistic
Some ideas for 1.0.1:
- 50N6 rotates too fast, I know that some of videos used as references were intentionally speeded up by the editors. But there are other videos too, showing slower rate
- 96L6 should rotate clockwise and should have a slight inclination towards the sky (3-5 degrees)

Thank you, much appreciated!

As always, I never discover the most critical bugs until after release of version 1.0.0. This time there's an conflict between the STR and the optional SR resulting in bad performance (simultaneous target channels etc). I have already fixed the issue and will release a 1.0.1 shortly.

As for your suggestions:

1) I configured it in accordance to the available data:

The MFMTR radar provides a Simultaneous target detection, multiple target tracking and the missile up-link. The radar contains a Rotating phased-array antenna (60 rpm) with Full electronic scanning, with large deflection (+/- 45° in elevation and bearing).

2) For the Cheese Board, I chose the first mode of operation. The CCW rotation is an error on my part, I will get that fixed.  👍🏻

There are two operation modes implemented: Low altitude targets can be acquired by constraining the mainlobe elevation angle between -3° and +1.5° using an antenna rotation of 5 rpm. This slow rotation allows a better clutter rejection with a subclutter visibility up to 70 dB. All altitude targets can be acquired by constraining the mainlobe elevation angle between -1.5° and +20° using an antenna rotation of 10 rpm. As a third mode the radar can operate in a sector search.

• Like 3

image.pngRWR and HARM ID 1.1.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.0

• Added S-350 (50N6 STR and 96L6 SR)
  • Added MIM-104 SAM (LTAMDS STR)
  • Added NASAMS 3 SAM (MPQ-64F1)
  • Added Centurion C-RAM
  • Added Type 26 Frigate
  • Added PGZ-09 SPAAG 

image.pngS-350 SAM 1.1.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.0

• Fixed 96L6 SR CCW radar rotation issue 
  • Fixed 50N6 STR and 96L6 SR radar conflict issue
  • Fixed ECM burn through range
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

currenthill,

S-350 SAM 1.1.0 released:

When we were kids ....

We used too express our admiration for welcomed surprises with the term "SUPER COOL"

This release is SUPER COOL!!! and you've got me back in that KID MODE once again!!

i promise not to cover my maps corner to corner with this new asset, it wouldn't be realistic would it

i'll use this asset sparingly and prudently much like it is used in RW

DCS CA and Air Defence have been revolutionized by your extremely generous offerings

SUPER THNX 

Edited by christopher m
  • Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

currenthill,

quick question please,

i notice on your RWR and HARM ID sheet that the TOR M2K, M2M and M2 SHORAD ALL have an RWR symbol "15"

does this mean in game DCS sees the CH assets M2K, M2M, M2 SHORAD as identical to NATO NAME SA-15 TOR

this has implications for IADS SKYNET scripts, actually good implications.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

On 5/13/2023 at 3:17 PM, RaptorFighter said:

This generator MIM104_EPP does not appear in the mission editor for me. Does anyone have the same problem?

On 5/13/2023 at 3:45 PM, currenthill said:

Are you running the latest version 1.2.1? Because in that release I fixed the missing EPP.

8 hours ago, currenthill said:

image.pngRWR and HARM ID 1.1.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.0

• Added S-350 (50N6 STR and 96L6 SR)
  • Added MIM-104 SAM (LTAMDS STR)
  • Added NASAMS 3 SAM (MPQ-64F1)
  • Added Centurion C-RAM
  • Added Type 26 Frigate
  • Added PGZ-09 SPAAG 

image.pngS-350 SAM 1.1.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.0

• Fixed 96L6 SR CCW radar rotation issue 
  • Fixed 50N6 STR and 96L6 SR radar conflict issue
  • Fixed ECM burn through range

Just a small problem with S-350 , when the vehicles are moving, you can't hear the sound of the engines.

• Like 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Salute,

Although this is my first post in this thread and I could have totally got it wrong but you might need the fix I and a squad mate worked out for tanks that had no sound which was caused by certain mod aircraft (although I believe the A4-e has now been fixed in version 2.1.1).

The thread is here

• Like 1

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

4 hours ago, christopher m said:

currenthill,

S-350 SAM 1.1.0 released:

When we were kids ....

We used too express our admiration for welcomed surprises with the term "SUPER COOL"

This release is SUPER COOL!!! and you've got me back in that KID MODE once again!!

i promise not to cover my maps corner to corner with this new asset, it wouldn't be realistic would it

i'll use this asset sparingly and prudently much like it is used in RW

DCS CA and Air Defence have been revolutionized by your extremely generous offerings

SUPER THNX 

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! 👌🏻

1 hour ago, christopher m said:

currenthill,

quick question please,

i notice on your RWR and HARM ID sheet that the TOR M2K, M2M and M2 SHORAD ALL have an RWR symbol "15"

does this mean in game DCS sees the CH assets M2K, M2M, M2 SHORAD as identical to NATO NAME SA-15 TOR

Yep, that was the intention, but I haven't verified the results using the IADS SKYNET scripts. So please report back if everything works as intended. 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, clanitho said:

Just a small problem with S-350 , when the vehicles are moving, you can't hear the sound of the engines.

I just did a test, and they seem to work fine for me. Check the sound fix posted by @DD_Friar below! 

1 minute ago, DD_Friar said:

Salute,

Although this is my first post in this thread and I could have totally got it wrong but you might need the fix I and a squad mate worked out for tanks that had no sound which was caused by certain mod aircraft (although I believe the A4-e has now been fixed in version 2.1.1).

The thread is here

Thank you, hadn't seen this before! That makes perfectly sense. The most classical of issues in DCS - conflicts. 😅

2 minutes ago, SouthernThunder said:

Just something I've noticed about the S-350 STR - the rotating block on the back clips into the rest of the vehicle slightly. Obviously a bit pedantic but given your standards of professionalism @currenthill it seems like an issue you'd address.

image.jpeg

Thanks! I might have to attack it with the angle grinder. 😅

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey, There is no warnings in the F-16 when PANTSIR is launching missiles, will this work when the RWR and HARM IDs are installed or how can I fix it?

Edited by IR.Clutch

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

13 minutes ago, IR.Clutch said:

Hey, There is no warnings in the F-16 when PANTSIR is launching missiles, will this work when the RWR and HARM IDs are installed or how can I fix it?

The Pantsir fires the 5706 radio-command-guided missile. The missile has no seeker for you to detect. The Pantsir also has an electro optical targeting system and doesn't even have to use radar. 👍🏻

You would need some sort of Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS) to detect it. Preferably one of the newer Ultraviolet based systems. 

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

Salute,

The thread is here

Ok , the no sound problems was caused by Bronco and UH-60 mods, i apply your solution and all is fine now. Many thanks 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

18 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Some ideas for 1.0.1:

I agree with you! The radar is turning way to fast!

Timex 3

On 6/4/2023 at 3:03 PM, currenthill said:
On 6/4/2023 at 1:41 PM, christopher m said:

currenthill,

quick question please,

Expand  

Yep, that was the intention, but I haven't verified the results using the IADS SKYNET scripts. So please report back if everything works as intended. 👍🏻

OK i have some GroupAction scripties that call assets by NATO NAME i can try to see the response from CH assets -vs- default TOR SA-15

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

I'm sorry but it's just a question not a pretense currenthill, the missiles coming out of the cells of ships like Ticonderoga and Arleigh Burke go too high before deflecting towards the target, there's no way to get them up less after the launch? And would it be possible to decrease the speed when they are ejected from the cells? Maybe I'm asking too much but it would be nice if it could be done. Thanks anyway currenthill for your works.

Hey Currenthill 

First of all, i want to thank you for bringing so much joy to the community with your amazing mods. I cant even think of the game anymore without your high quality content. The sheer amount of work and dedication going in those mods, all this without any financial return, is very admirable. 

My question is, if we are allowed to propose some ideas for potential mods in this post, before i would go on for 5000 paragraphs. 

On 6/4/2023 at 8:09 PM, ivan-ivanov-1902 said:

Currenthill is it possible to do for melee air defense under the control of the player to do-auto-tracking of the target

Unfortunately I don't think there's a good way to make that happen.

On 6/5/2023 at 4:46 PM, Ironghost said:

I'm sorry but it's just a question not a pretense currenthill, the missiles coming out of the cells of ships like Ticonderoga and Arleigh Burke go too high before deflecting towards the target, there's no way to get them up less after the launch? And would it be possible to decrease the speed when they are ejected from the cells? Maybe I'm asking too much but it would be nice if it could be done. Thanks anyway currenthill for your works.

Yep, it's by design. We have a certain set of parameters to play with, and they are all connected to each other. So it's always a compromise, if we want a certain trajectory or speed or something else, it will probably affect something else. But I'll put it on the list to check if it's possible for the next release. 👍🏻

19 hours ago, UltraTopSecret said:

Something to think about for down the road perhaps.. a PMP or PP-2005

-2005m-1.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion!

4 hours ago, PoppaGeneral said:

Hey Currenthill 

First of all, i want to thank you for bringing so much joy to the community with your amazing mods. I cant even think of the game anymore without your high quality content. The sheer amount of work and dedication going in those mods, all this without any financial return, is very admirable. 

My question is, if we are allowed to propose some ideas for potential mods in this post, before i would go on for 5000 paragraphs. 

Thank you very much! 

And please suggest potential candidates in this thread, I like to have them all in one place. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1