Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Excellent, thank you , very good job 👍

• Like 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Hi - Love the type 45, very nice.  

Can you extract a description.lua for the edm please,  I want to add the other ships in the class to the Liveries folder but this edm is crashing DCS when I load it into ModelViewer. (I am getting this more and more now with recent mods, I have no idea what the problem is).

Many thanks. 

DISREGARD - I got one using the Alpha viewer. 

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Hi - Love the type 45, very nice.  

Can you extract a description.lua for the edm please,  I want to add the other ships in the class to the Liveries folder but this edm is crashing DCS when I load it into ModelViewer. (I am getting this more and more now with recent mods, I have no idea what the problem is).

Many thanks. 

DISREGARD - I got one using the Alpha viewer. 

Ok! I was just about to upload one. 👍🏻

• Like 1

17 hours ago, currenthill said:

You will always find the latest version of all my assets here: http://www.currenthill.com

All the assets are available in one place with information about version, download link, size, stats and changelog with just a click.

Currenthill, thank you very much, good job!

Great idea to have everything available on your site. Just a small request: it is also possible to have the release date next to the version? Thanks.

2 hours ago, joker62 said:

Currenthill, thank you very much, good job!

Great idea to have everything available on your site. Just a small request: it is also possible to have the release date next to the version? Thanks.

Sure! Great idea. 👍🏻

Edit: It's now implemented!

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Have you made sure the historical filter is turned off? Its the clock symbol at the bottom in the ME. 

Haven't checked, I'll look this evening. Didn't think of that because  the Visby and Tico (SAM) show up.

14 minutes ago, DelRoy said:

Haven't checked, I'll look this evening. Didn't think of that because  the Visby and Tico (SAM) show up.

I guess it's down to luck if it works in stable or not. Since I do all testing in the open beta environment, and I could definitely be using parameters, assets etc that only exists in open beta. Once in a while the stable version catches up to open beta, and everything will work great. Without any proof or closer inspection I would hazard a guess that most of the my assets should work fine in stable though. 

Type 45 - HMS Dragon - a couple of small observations re this wonderful Mod.  Not a criticism, just observations, there are no hard and fast rules as such. 

Flags - At sea it is normal for RN ships to fly a Naval Ensign from a yard, as per the attached image.  Entering harbour or alongside they would have a Naval Ensign flying on the stern  and a Union Flag on the bow. It would be unusual to have a ship at sea flying just a Naval Ensign at the stern, that flag post would be removed to allow for flying stations. That said you see all manner of flag arrangements so this mod is not wrong, just unusual. 

GPMG Machine Guns - At sea these would normally be removed and stowed below decks, normally they only man them for entering or leaving harbour or where there is a threat from small boats.  So again, not wrong, just unusual. 

HMS Dragon - The red dragon on the bow is very unusual for the RN which is normally VERY conservative when it comes to decoration (some would say anal !!). I have no idea what has changed but they now have dragons on the sides of three warships that I know of, in my day all that was allowed on the hull was rust, and that's was never for very long !!!  😀

Super Mod mate, well done. 

D35-HMS-Dragon-030.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Type 45 - HMS Dragon - a couple of small observations re this wonderful Mod.  Not a criticism, just observations, there are no hard and fast rules as such. 

Flags - At sea it is normal for RN ships to fly a Naval Ensign from a yard, as per the attached image.  Entering harbour or alongside they would have a Naval Ensign flying on the stern  and a Union Flag on the bow. It would be unusual to have a ship at sea flying just a Naval Ensign at the stern, that flag post would be removed to allow for flying stations. That said you see all manner of flag arrangements so this mod is not wrong, just unusual. 

GPMG Machine Guns - At sea these would normally be removed and stowed below decks, normally they only man them for entering or leaving harbour or where there is a threat from small boats.  So again, not wrong, just unusual. 

HMS Dragon - The red dragon on the bow is very unusual for the RN which is normally VERY conservative when it comes to decoration (some would say anal !!). I have no idea what has changed but they now have dragons on the sides of three warships that I know of, in my day all that was allowed on the hull was rust, and that's was never for very long !!!  😀

Super Mod mate, well done. 

D35-HMS-Dragon-030.jpg

Thank you for the additional info! That's actually one of the hardest things with these mods, the research. I read and look at copious amounts of pictures, but often there's no consistency. To know these details you have to have a deeper knowledge of the actual stuff in question. 👍🏻

• Like 2

I always wanted to try and paint that dragon onto a type 45 bow, getting an image to copy was difficult because they have changed that dragon shape a couple of times over the years but I found something I could copy and paste, it works quite well.

I am old and my eye's are on the way out so I had to darken your Mod down a lot otherwise the game blinds me, so forgive me if this image looks a bit too dark, it's me age Guv !!  I redid the numbers and added the flight deck codes as well, finding a decent RN font is almost impossible so its a compromise.  

Screen-230216-132937.png

• Like 4

@crazyeddieThe Welsh Dragon on HMS Dragon was funded by Cardiff city to which the ship is affiliated. Though the dragon transfer was removed sometime during refit there was a public appeal and so it returned. Also somewhere it says the crew was allowed to keep it in return for exceptional performance in deployments. Saw these online, not sure to what degree it is true, but I believe most of it is credible.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/welsh-dragon-returns-bows-cardiff-11351214?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

• Like 2

The OPV HMS Tamar P233 also has a red Dragon painted on the upperworks and I'm sure I saw another 'Dragon' in Plymouth Sound last year but I forget which ship it was.  Might have been one of the smaller MCM boats.  I think what you posted there from the Wales website is probably true, its unusual, but very credible. Close associations with named ports/cities has always been encouraged in the RN, port visits being undertaken where possible to show the ships off to the Taxpayer ! - and its good for recruiting, which is major problem for the RN today. 

Cant think why HMS Tamar has a Dragon on her, must find out !  (Ships crest has a red dragon on it - is the answer) 

Hijack over - sorry Currenthill !!

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 3

Howdy this is really great work!. Most of the infantry don't show up for me. I can see the Sniper Team and the two ATGM models, but riflemen and MG models are not showing as available. All seems installed  properly, all your other assets show up. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Los 

34 minutes ago, Los said:

Also I can jump into and use the sniper team but the two ATGM assets do not show up on the F10 map. I can see them in game by cycling through F7 however.

Are you running DCS open beta?