Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hello CH,is it on your list ? It was used by Irak during Iran/Irak War.

Sam roland.jpg

Edited by clanitho
  • Like 2

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

7 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

FYSA everyone but especially @currenthill but the RWR add-on just got updated by @Nightstorm:

ED added the F15ESE to the RWR definitions file.  That was the only change.  They also evidently released a part of the mod in the coremods folder.  I don't know if that was intentional or not, but its a pretty clear indication that it's coming soon.

null  null 

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me, or the Pantsir S1 does not show up in the HAD? I installed the RWR Update and the Pantsir is showed on the RWR as "PT" . But doesnt appear in the HAD for the AGM-88

(F-16C).

Anybody an idea? 🙂 

• Like 2

Waiting for a Su-17/22, Su-34, F/A-18 Super Hornet and F-4F Phantom II

2.jpg

One of the issues i find is that modern SAM systems both land and sea have become so powerful that its almost impossible to defeat them, certainly using core game assets.

The systems deployed in the 70's and 80's both land and sea are a little more forgiving when using aircraft and weapons from the same era, it would be nice to have some more ships from that time period. The only thing that can currently overcome an S350 site is the B21, which is obviously a very up to date system.

AMD 3800x, Asrock 570X Taichi, 32GB Corsair Platinum, MSI 1080Ti, Corsair MP600 Gen 4 1TB NVMe. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Custom Watercooling, AOC 32" 4K Screen.

This mod is awesome and should be a 3rd party mod pack.

I would appreciate it if the developer would only detail in the features which systems are functional. For example, the Arena active protection on the T-90 is mentioned in the features but does not appear to be activated defending the Tow ATGM in game, since in the Syrian war it was possible for this system to caught on camera in real war action.

I think there are important systems lack. But as a free mod we should not push the developer.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

ED added the F15ESE to the RWR definitions file.  That was the only change.  They also evidently released a part of the mod in the coremods folder.  I don't know if that was intentional or not, but its a pretty clear indication that it's coming soon.

null  null 

image.png

And it was removed with a hotfix within hours ! My version of download didn't have this

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

On 6/10/2023 at 12:10 PM, clanitho said:

Hello CH,is it on your list ? It was used by Irak during Iran/Irak War.

Sam roland.jpg

Not on my list until now. 👍🏻

23 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Another possible idea for a future mod: https://ccdiscussion.com/t/panther-kf51/37354

Thanks!

15 hours ago, de_Lutz said:

Is it just me, or the Pantsir S1 does not show up in the HAD? I installed the RWR Update and the Pantsir is showed on the RWR as "PT" . But doesnt appear in the HAD for the AGM-88

(F-16C).

Anybody an idea? 🙂 

I hope someone with more in depth knowledge of the F-16 and its system can answer your question. 👌🏻

10 hours ago, Chap2012 said:

I was thinking a Stormer HVM would be a good one. A little more modern and UK doesn't have much AA/SAMS

Yep, it would be a nice addition. 👌🏻

6 hours ago, pegasus1 said:

One of the issues i find is that modern SAM systems both land and sea have become so powerful that its almost impossible to defeat them, certainly using core game assets.

The systems deployed in the 70's and 80's both land and sea are a little more forgiving when using aircraft and weapons from the same era, it would be nice to have some more ships from that time period. The only thing that can currently overcome an S350 site is the B21, which is obviously a very up to date system.

Yeah, that's an issue with all the modern stuff, it's a lot harder to survive them. Lone wolf gung-ho attacks just won't cut it any more. 😅

4 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

This mod is awesome and should be a 3rd party mod pack.

I would appreciate it if the developer would only detail in the features which systems are functional. For example, the Arena active protection on the T-90 is mentioned in the features but does not appear to be activated defending the Tow ATGM in game, since in the Syrian war it was possible for this system to caught on camera in real war action.

I think there are important systems lack. But as a free mod we should not push the developer.

Thanks! 

There is only so much I can implement without detailed insight in DCS core and the possibility to influence change of it. I have to implement modern features using the few tools that DCS core offers for land and sea assets. It takes a lot of creativity and workarounds. As an example, the fact that rockets and bombs aren't detected because they lack RCS makes these kind of implementations hard to achieve well.

So, it's not because of the "free mod" issue. Even if I would fully charge for it, the exact limitations would be there. I mean, you won't find APS on any DCS core assets. In general, I wouldn't be ashamed to describe my assets as more realistic and full-featured than core DCS. 👍🏻

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi, you probably know the IDF project, which has produces very interesting Mods, including a comprehensive F-16, and the Iron Dome SAM defense system. You can find it here :  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3330604/ It is advertised as capable of intercepting all sorts of threats, including missiles, guided bombs, and also rockets. For this to work the IDF team has produced a specific type of rockets, and made it available on several wheeled launchers. I have not been able to test all that yet, but a specific Discord channel exists : https://discord.gg/YDUecPFNAU Thanks Currenthill for your outstanding Mods ! 👏

2 hours ago, toan said:

Hi, you probably know the IDF project, which has produces very interesting Mods, including a comprehensive F-16, and the Iron Dome SAM defense system. You can find it here :  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3330604/ It is advertised as capable of intercepting all sorts of threats, including missiles, guided bombs, and also rockets. For this to work the IDF team has produced a specific type of rockets, and made it available on several wheeled launchers. I have not been able to test all that yet, but a specific Discord channel exists : https://discord.gg/YDUecPFNAU Thanks Currenthill for your outstanding Mods ! 👏

Yep, I know of it. I've helped them with the Iron Dome. They have implemented custom rockets which are defined as missiles, just like I did with the HIMARS. That is the go to workaround at the moment if you want to be able to intercept them. 👍🏻

• Like 4

@currenthill I would like to report an issue related to the sounds while using your mods in multiplayer. Short description is that some DCS ground units like Abrams, Bradley and others will have no engine sound while I'm having your mods activating in multiplayer mode... and need to emphasize is applying only in MP mode.

Seems that is actually a kind of known issue as several other mods are behaving similarly. 

There is a good news however as it seems is fixable and I'll leave the link for the workaround below:

Is that something you might be able to apply on your mods as well?

• Like 2

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

42 minutes ago, ivan-ivanov-1902 said:

I can do so that the player can shoot from the Tor and the Pantsyr  from the Currenthill mod ,  but something the Currenullnthill is silent on this topic.

image.jpeg

in the radar (shift+I).jpg

It's because I've been over this several times before. I have no problem if you customize my assets for your own specific use. But I only implement additions that follow my overall design principles. One of my main principles is primarily making AI assets which emulates the real thing as close as possible within DCS limitations.

For example, adding player controllable missiles is no issue for me to implement. But it comes with a cost, it would mean that I would have to simplify the asset weapons and radar systems to a point where they become very rudimentary and mostly alike. For example, with these proposed changes the custom radar is disabled and Tor M2M will only have one missile channel, which would defeat one of the main purposes with the upgraded M2M version. And that's a compromise I won't make. 👍🏻

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

10 часов назад, currenthill сказал:

It's because I've been over this several times before. I have no problem if you customize my assets for your own specific use. But I only implement additions that follow my overall design principles. One of my main principles is primarily making AI assets which emulates the real thing as close as possible within DCS limitations.

For example, adding player controllable missiles is no issue for me to implement. But it comes with a cost, it would mean that I would have to simplify the asset weapons and radar systems to a point where they become very rudimentary and mostly alike. For example, with these proposed changes the custom radar is disabled and Tor M2M will only have one missile channel, which would defeat one of the main purposes with the upgraded M2M version. And that's a compromise I won't make. 👍🏻

Undestand,it's just that ED could have purchased mods from many modders and integrated them into the game, it's unclear why they don't do this, then we wouldn't have bothered to figure out what-how to make everything work for the player

7 hours ago, christopher m said:

i wholeheartedly agree with CH and AvgGeek

I agree, CH don't touch anything, your mods are perfect in their current state.

• Like 5

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Hello CH
I'm making a SAM template on the Sinai map, and I'd like to put your mods in it.
I would then like to make these templates available on the DCS users page.
Is that ok?
And thanks again for your work.XXL!!!!!

Edited by The_Jab
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ivan-ivanov-1902 said:

Undestand,it's just that ED could have purchased mods from many modders and integrated them into the game, it's unclear why they don't do this, then we wouldn't have bothered to figure out what-how to make everything work for the player

I've just asked ED about updating old Combined arms code and they replied that they are thinking about new version of the module! Dreams come true if you believe