Meta Quest Pro Settings

Ginsu80

2 hours ago, nikoel said:

You must be one of the few people who know what they are doing and are not running Virtual Desktop

Give In. I have found that wireless VD over a crappy WiFi5 modem and a Ethernet Connection is better than wired link in basically every way. I can imagine a WiFi 6 connection is the next step up

No, only link cable, air link is superfluous for me due the reason of poorest quality compression. This option is responsible for compression on the cable. However maybe WiFi6 will change it (but you will need to have the new motherboard or external wifi module, router and recives too so its a long way still).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, nikoel said:

Give In. I have found that wireless VD over a crappy WiFi5 modem and a Ethernet Connection is better than wired link in basically every way. I can imagine a WiFi 6 connection is the next step up

I have mixed feelings about VD. I use it with Wi-Fi 6 (2400 mbps connection) and while it helps when I use it with my gaming laptop ( less use of VRAM), I still can’t understand its resolution output. I use it with VDXR at Medium with H264+ auto bitrate and while on paper the resolution is higher than the one I use with Link the output is not as crisp as in Link. In both case QVFR is enabled. Turbo is ON by default in both cases only in QVFR settings.

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

QVFR implementation in VD must be different to the one through Link as the results shown in the QVFR log differ a lot in terms of Quad Views pixel count. I tried close resolutions in Link and VD, same settings in the config file and the relatively close initial stereo pixel count. It seems that VD's implementation reduces a lot more the Quad Views Pixel count which in result provides more FPS but less clarity.

Still using the laptop the only way to fly Mirage F1 is with VD as the FPS through Link are below 10

QVFR_Link 3616x1840.png

QVFR_VD 2016x2112.png

QVFR_VD 2496x2592.png

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

I have mixed feelings about VD. I use it with Wi-Fi 6 (2400 mbps connection) and while it helps when I use it with my gaming laptop ( less use of VRAM), I still can’t understand its resolution output. I use it with VDXR at Medium with H264+ auto bitrate and while on paper the resolution is higher than the one I use with Link the output is not as crisp as in Link. In both case QVFR is enabled. Turbo is ON by default in both cases only in QVFR settings.
If you set VD to God mode it helps with the visuals some but still not as crisp as link cable from what I saw. But again that mode will be more taxing on a title like DCS compared to other games. Personally I prefer link cable as performance was similar and I never have been able to rid of the microstutters but at least with link cable and quad views they have just become more tolerable.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested DLSS version 3.5.10 (in DCS you have now the older version) a bit and it definitely feels like there's less ghosting (ash behind the object, it was especially visible even on vehicles on the road or on jets). It certainly doesn't remove it completely, but I think it's 50% better than the default DLSS in DCS, so it's worth replacing it:

https://github.com/NVIDIA/DLSS/tree/2aa0b2c9d07995f517561ab6bbef60308bc7eb3a/lib/Windows_x86_64/rel

I generally don't use DLSS for VR because it causes quite a blurry i.mage. Only reaching level 1.35 in OTT is acceptable for me. However, adding DLSS results in quite a pleasant FPS.

There is quite a visible drop when turning right and looking further to the right, but overall quite ok, constant 72 frames, with quite aggressive resolution. Of course, the video does not show everything, the encoder times are also better (recording causes some load on the system).

You can check this track (Sinai map and Apache):

test.trk

Btw. No Quad-Views-Foveated which causes problems in urban areas and FPS drops by up to 20 frames. I did such tests on the same track and this is what it looked like, unfortunately.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed that the keyboard shortcuts to control ASW mode don't work anymore?

Ctrl+NUM1, (2, 3, 4 also) won't change anything until you switch to Oculus Debug Tool, select any other mode, hit Enter, then select Disable and hit Enter again. THANK YOU VERY MUCH META I LOVE THIS! 💩

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

1 hour ago, biotech said:

Has anyone noticed that the keyboard shortcuts to control ASW mode don't work anymore?

Ctrl+NUM1, (2, 3, 4 also) won't change anything until you switch to Oculus Debug Tool, select any other mode, hit Enter, then select Disable and hit Enter again. THANK YOU VERY MUCH META I LOVE THIS! 💩

ASW works direct from the ODT, you can switch it during the gameplay also by mouse. I never used the keyboard for this.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 hours ago, biotech said:

I use oculus tray tool to bind keys to toggle the various settings. It’s easier than relying on the oculus default keys and more controllable. 

• Thanks 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

There seem to be a lot of apparently new and sealed QPros for sale in the UK at the moment for around £500ish (half what Meta UK are charging), so I picked one up to replace my G2 and have been setting it up with lots of help from this thread. So far I'm loving the quality of the visuals, not hugely loving the comfort, and not loving at all the bloated, intrusive META crap that comes with it. Part of that crap is the infuriating controller pop-ups. 

So far my research has only come up with keep the controllers on the charging dock or turn them off by holding the menu button for at least ten seconds. This seems to get rid of the pop-ups in game but there's still an even bigger one plastered over the PC link dashboard saying the controllers can't be found. I've even un-paired the controllers and this pop-up persists. Also there seems to be no way to interact with the link dashboard without the controllers. I can use hand tracking to start the link off but only the controllers seem to be able to click that one stupid button needed to show the PC desktop. I was wondering if a Bluetooth mouse might be able to click that button but presumably the stupid pop-up would remain. 

How are people here dealing with these pesky controllers?

• Like 1

R7-7800x3d, Asus TufRTX4090, 32G Corsair 6GHz DDR5, Reverb G2, Motion Rig (home made), Sidewinder FFB Stick, Crosswind Pedals

I have them off and start dcs from Windows like any other program. Don't use the dashboard at all.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

40 minutes ago, Tea-Pig said:

There seem to be a lot of apparently new and sealed QPros for sale in the UK at the moment for around £500ish (half what Meta UK are charging), so I picked one up to replace my G2 and have been setting it up with lots of help from this thread. So far I'm loving the quality of the visuals, not hugely loving the comfort, and not loving at all the bloated, intrusive META crap that comes with it. Part of that crap is the infuriating controller pop-ups. 

So far my research has only come up with keep the controllers on the charging dock or turn them off by holding the menu button for at least ten seconds. This seems to get rid of the pop-ups in game but there's still an even bigger one plastered over the PC link dashboard saying the controllers can't be found. I've even un-paired the controllers and this pop-up persists. Also there seems to be no way to interact with the link dashboard without the controllers. I can use hand tracking to start the link off but only the controllers seem to be able to click that one stupid button needed to show the PC desktop. I was wondering if a Bluetooth mouse might be able to click that button but presumably the stupid pop-up would remain. 

Virtual Desktop

(make sure you have a good WiFi modem and a wired connection to the said modem) You won't regret it, and there are none of those messages and everything works as the gods have intended

1 hour ago, Tea-Pig said:

Yes. The QP is a great headset when bought at that price. Comfort wise. Unclip the rear pad, turn it around and clip it back on so that the higher part is towards the top of your head. It is a lot more comfortable and allows you to tilt the headset down giving you a wider FOV. 

I prefer using virtual desktop. None of the meta issues. This also helps solve all the meta related bloating you mention above. No meta app, no meta crap. 

https://www.vrdesktop.net/

If you want to stick with meta software then use Oculus Tray Tool to disable oculus home. I don't have any issues with pop ups or anything controller related. Turn controllers off in DCS too. You don't need them. 

For accessing cockpit controls I set the mouse to active (in DCS VR settings) and use my head to point then a "finger mouse" to click and scroll. Use JoyToKey to bind joystick keys to centre the mouse and offset left and right so you can reach the whole cockpit. 

Haptufer Mini 2.4G Wireless Finger Ring Mouse Ergonomic Handheld Optical Travel Mice(Black) https://amzn.eu/d/8aQCbdZ

https://joytokey.net/en/

Are you using quad views foveated rendering? It makes use of the eye tracking and gives you a big performance boost. It runs as side app at the moment, but if you get VD it will be incorporated soon. 

https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated

42 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

I prefer using virtual desktop.

Personally I dont use virtual desktop, just Link Cable + settings in OTT. I don't see any advantages of VD for the "sitting" simulator here. I only use the controllers to switch between the Oculus and Link Cable Desktop menus. I don't use them in the simulator too (just mouse).

42 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

Are you using quad views foveated rendering? It makes use of the eye tracking and gives you a big performance boost. It runs as side app at the moment, but if you get VD it will be incorporated soon. 

Be careful with this as Quad Views clogs the DCS over time. This quickly appears over urban areas and is a confirmed problem by mbucchia. I tested it quite thoroughly, but I don't use it now. It causes more FPS problems than benefits.

Generally, I think that QPro are great goggles and with the appropriate settings they fulfill their role perfectly for the current time and current GPU capabilities. For me, after modifications, they are also more comfortable than Q3 or G2.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

10 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Be careful with this as Quad Views clogs the DCS over time

I think this might be mainly an issue with a high end GPU. My GPU is mid range and my CPU can handle the extra load. Over urban areas GPU load is always a lot higher even without QVFR. I remember mbucchia commenting on the issues over cities but I don't remember him saying it clogged DCS. I thought that it was that QVFR did not perform quite as well I these situations. 

14 minutes ago, YoYo said:

It causes more FPS problems than benefits.

Not for me. Without QVFR I could not run DCS at 72 FPS. I get very stable for and frame times in most situations. 

The other thing to consider is that (from my experience) QVFR runs better on VD than through the meta app. Considering that QVFR is likely to be integrated into VD soon, I think this route is likely to yield overall better results long term. Meta don't care about PCVR so I'm think the meta app is a dead end. 

2 hours ago, Qcumber said:

Yes. The QP is a great headset when bought at that price. Comfort wise. Unclip the rear pad, turn it around and clip it back on so that the higher part is towards the top of your head. It is a lot more comfortable and allows you to tilt the headset down giving you a wider FOV. 

I prefer using virtual desktop. None of the meta issues. This also helps solve all the meta related bloating you mention above. No meta app, no meta crap. 

If you want to stick with meta software then use Oculus Tray Tool to disable oculus home. I don't have any issues with pop ups or anything controller related. Turn controllers off in DCS too. You don't need them. 

For accessing cockpit controls I set the mouse to active (in DCS VR settings) and use my head to point then a "finger mouse" to click and scroll. Use JoyToKey to bind joystick keys to centre the mouse and offset left and right so you can reach the whole cockpit. 

Haptufer Mini 2.4G Wireless Finger Ring Mouse Ergonomic Handheld Optical Travel Mice(Black) https://amzn.eu/d/8aQCbdZ

https://joytokey.net/en/

I actually got mine for £430. It seems legit. Already did the rear pad mod. At the moment I'm just messing around with it on my old computer. VR in DCS is so fragile and I like to work out at least some idea of what I'm doing before mucking about with, and possibly screwing up my main PC which has XR Necksafer and XR Motion Compensation on it so there's a lot to screw up.

I have bought Virtual Desktop but don't have a WIFI setup on the old PC to make it work properly. I didn't realize VD doesn't work with a cable until I'd bought it, lol. So at the moment I'm just messing with the Meta link. Perhaps once it's all setup there won't be much need to see the PC desktop so the dashboard thingy won't be an issue. My main PC is hard wired to a WIFI6 router so presumably VD will work when I move onto it.

I did download Quad Views and saw it working, but only as fixed at the moment. As I understand things the eye tracking data is only available if I open a developer account and I baulked at that when Mr Zuckerman demanded my credit card details and phone number. This alone might be the decider for VD.

R7-7800x3d, Asus TufRTX4090, 32G Corsair 6GHz DDR5, Reverb G2, Motion Rig (home made), Sidewinder FFB Stick, Crosswind Pedals

6 minutes ago, Tea-Pig said:

I did download Quad Views and saw it working, but only as fixed at the moment. 

You need to turn it on in Oculus App on PC and Mobile (dev. mod): https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki/Meta-Quest-Pro .

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

14 minutes ago, Tea-Pig said:

My main PC is hard wired to a WIFI6 router so presumably VD will work when I move onto it.

You might be ok with that. The main thing is to have your router close to your headset and ethernet connection to you pc. Give it a go! 

15 minutes ago, Tea-Pig said:

I actually got mine for £430

Bargain! New or "opened at Christmas and then not used again?"

12 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

Bargain! New or "opened at Christmas and then not used again?"

LOL! Mine was actually "lightly used to work on an Unreal Engine project". Other than the seal broken on the box it would have passed as new. I've seen them on Amazon for £5-600 with Amazon return policy.

29 minutes ago, YoYo said:

You need to turn it on in Oculus App on PC and Mobile (dev. mod): https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki/Meta-Quest-Pro .

Yes, but I declined to open a developer account after it demanded too much personal information.

1 hour ago, Tea-Pig said:

I didn't realize VD doesn't work with a cable until I'd bought it, lol.

Have a hunt around on YouTube, there are guides on how to make VD work with a wired connection (from memory using an Ethernet cable and usb-c to Ethernet adapter).

12 minutes ago, OldFlyer said:

Have a hunt around on YouTube, there are guides on how to make VD work with a wired connection (from memory using an Ethernet cable and usb-c to Ethernet adapter).

Unfortunately the quest pro does not support usb-ethernet. Unless someone can tell me otherwise. I want to run 400 Mbps hv264+ but the best I can get with my router is 300. With my Pico 4 I could use usb-ethernet and maintain 400 Mbps. 

Yes, plenty of Pico/ethernet stuff but I didn't really see any Quest/ethernet worth pursuing. No matter for me, I'll be back at the other house next week where the big PC lives and will play about then. Thanks for all the replies.

• Like 1

Another new sub £500 sealed QPro user here, loving everything about it now that I have it all dialed in, including QVFR. Much, much higher clarity than my old Reverb G1, with even slightly higher fps on my aging 9700k, 2080super PC!

I just have one problem; using VD, I fairly often get crashes in the headset, that 9 times out of 10 are unrecoverable with a VD restart in headset. The game in still running on pc, and will move with the headset, but the image is frozen in headset. I've read this can be VRAM issues, but nothing I've tried seems to alleviate this. I already run Taz's optimised texture mods, the background hanger removal mod, in-game textures are normally medium, but have tried low on both and I still get crashes. Godlike in VD gets me the best clarity and decent perf, but have also tried down to high with no luck. I can run fine sometimes for a couple hours with no issues, or get crashes loading into a server immediately. Can't find a rhyme or reason.

Could it be my connection dropping? I'm usually running anywhere from 860 to 500mbps, on a 5GHz AC connection, 20ft from the router (in a different room, but direct line of sight through open door). PC is hard wired to the router, and has always been (cable is probably nearly 20 years old at this point). My latency is usually showing orange and jumps around but often near 60ms. Using auto codec, which defaults to HEVC 10bit, and 150mbps. I wonder if a dedicated 6e router would help this situation?

Wired link gives me lower fps at a lower clarity compared to VD, so I'd like to avoid using that if possible.

Anyone experienced similar, or have any advise?

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

35 minutes ago, Majik said:

Another new sub £500 sealed QPro user here, loving everything about it now that I have it all dialed in, including QVFR. Much, much higher clarity than my old Reverb G1, with even slightly higher fps on my aging 9700k, 2080super PC!

I just have one problem; using VD, I fairly often get crashes in the headset, that 9 times out of 10 are unrecoverable with a VD restart in headset. The game in still running on pc, and will move with the headset, but the image is frozen in headset. I've read this can be VRAM issues, but nothing I've tried seems to alleviate this. I already run Taz's optimised texture mods, the background hanger removal mod, in-game textures are normally medium, but have tried low on both and I still get crashes. Godlike in VD gets me the best clarity and decent perf, but have also tried down to high with no luck. I can run fine sometimes for a couple hours with no issues, or get crashes loading into a server immediately. Can't find a rhyme or reason.

Could it be my connection dropping? I'm usually running anywhere from 860 to 500mbps, on a 5GHz AC connection, 20ft from the router (in a different room, but direct line of sight through open door). PC is hard wired to the router, and has always been (cable is probably nearly 20 years old at this point). My latency is usually showing orange and jumps around but often near 60ms. Using auto codec, which defaults to HEVC 10bit, and 150mbps. I wonder if a dedicated 6e router would help this situation?

Wired link gives me lower fps at a lower clarity compared to VD, so I'd like to avoid using that if possible.

Anyone experienced similar, or have any advise?

Glad you are enjoying the QP. I have been having the same issue recently. It's happened about 3 times the last couple of days. Not sure why. It's not been an issue for me before. 

I am maintaining 1200 Mbps, occasionally dropping lower. I think the minimum you can get away with is 860 Mbps. That might be part of your issue. I have a dedicated router next to my desk. 6e Mercusys from Amazon for £40. In terms of codecs, try using h264+ at about 200 Mbps. It has lower latency than HEVC 10 but and I can't notice any difference in DCS. 

Which version of oculus software are you using and do you have the Public Test Channel enabled? I am using PTC v65. I might try unchecking the PTC to see if that stops my freezing.