Comms broken? (A-10C II)

It’s been hit or miss for me honestly. 

Last night I completed mission 10 after a few attempts. Sometimes the wingman / viper could communicate and I could hear them, sometimes I couldn’t. 

wingman wasn’t being responsive to commands either until last night randomly. 

ATC unresponsive too until I land then it says taxi to parking 

Edited by DaveFlies

I read there is generic ED issue with <comms + DLC campaign>.
Some affected more than another.
BD said  - upgrade for TEW  will come in the April together with DCS upgrade.
I hope comms issue will be fixed

• Like 1

So do the radio calls work with the old A-10C and old radio does anyone know? I just tried mission 2 with the A-10C II and I got to the 2nd waypoint and I was on the correct frequency and pressed spacebar but nothing happened.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I still don't seem to be getting radio information after the patch, on mission 2 I'm going to wp 2 anchor in my A10-C II with my radio set to 56.5 but not hearing anything. Any ideas?

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Yes. Guess what.. in the meantime (ie after I finished working on this mission) the core code in DCS introduced a new bug which killed all the communications on FM sent by airborne assets (or maybe it is on purpose, not sure). So in M2 you won't hear the comms from checking in with Prowler to the moment when they enter Bravo 2, after that everything works OK. Sorry about that, love situations like this... 

EDIT: it looks like it is an intended change - aircraft that do not have FM radio cannot transmit on FM frequencies anymore... I'll have to update this mission and check others if that doesnt happen somewhere else. Guess I'll need to prepare an overhaul of an overhaul 🙂

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Aww no what a nightmare, well I'm glad I checked it wasn't just something I was doing wrong. Good luck on fixing that for the next release!

Not sure if its the same for the 2 hinds in M01.

It might be only me though... (I can mav 5 targets in one run through clouds at night with one engine running, but ffs i can't figure out the radios. Flying over an SA nest is a lot less stressful than trying to figure it out whether I am on the right frequencies on the right band on the right radio. Nobody is talking because nobody is talking, or because I messed it up again.)

I hoped it would be better with the new radio, but it seems worse. :(

I was starting mission 2 and everything was really quiet on the startup, does this campaign has the usual comm checks / comms with ground/tower, wingman, taxi? or just mid mission chatter?

thanks for the effort this ad hoc bugs must be super frustrating to deal with.
anyway, excited to put my knowledge to the test after Iron Flag!;D

EDIT: just a hint from some one who has played?

Edited by t-stoff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

23 hours ago, zaphat said:

Not sure if its the same for the 2 hinds in M01.

Sorry, it was my bad after all, M01 is fine from start to end. IF you end up setting your radios correctly. 🙂

Thanks for the great work BalticDragon, I am curious how the story will unfold.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:43 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Yes. Guess what.. in the meantime (ie after I finished working on this mission) the core code in DCS introduced a new bug which killed all the communications on FM sent by airborne assets (or maybe it is on purpose, not sure). So in M2 you won't hear the comms from checking in with Prowler to the moment when they enter Bravo 2, after that everything works OK. Sorry about that, love situations like this... 

EDIT: it looks like it is an intended change - aircraft that do not have FM radio cannot transmit on FM frequencies anymore... I'll have to update this mission and check others if that doesnt happen somewhere else. Guess I'll need to prepare an overhaul of an overhaul 🙂

Good day Baltic Dragon.
Could you please clarify one thing?
All these "comms fixes \ new ED features +bugs\ new fixes"  - all of that is related to Open Beta only.
Correct?
Just waiting for Release to play your campaign again and start thinking to install Beta for that 🙂
ED does not says when we will get next release.

On 4/20/2023 at 6:08 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Yes, only Open Beta and only A-10C II obviously (as only it got the new radio). 

Thanks, I hope next ED Release will work for pair "old A-10C+ new TEW" as well :)

Edited by Odessa

• 1 month later...

I whish I new this before spending these precious weekend hours on nothing.
I really want to enjoy these excellent campaigns of yours.. Any time estimate for a fix?

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar