Voice Activated Commands in Black Shark

Hi

This is just a short demo video made by me to show the advantages of voice commands.

I'm using VAC System 2.1.9 pre release version with a custom made profile, which is far from being ready, but im sharing it anyway, since it's a good base for making your own.

Thanks to Legolasindar, i found his topic here first, when searching for voice command programs.

vac_bsprofile.zip

• Like 1

Always wanted to use this in ArmA and would love to use it in BS, but i was always scared of how much time it will take to setup.

Seems its worth it and with a bit of help on the way from your template i will definatelly do this when i get BS.

Thanks a lot. ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

It's not that hard actually, this profile took me about 10 hours to make and i just found the program yesterday.

However, the current version of VAC is pre-release only, might have some bugs in it. The developer, Shift_E said, 2.2 release version will be ready in a couple of weeks.

Previous stable versions don't work perfectly with BS, and have less extended key options.

This program needs Microsoft Speech 5.1 or 6.1 to function properly, i think it's default on vista, but xp users have to download it.

Also take some time to train the speech recognition part, because the more you train it, the better it will understand what you say.

When making phrases it's best to use multiple words, this boosts the recognition accuracy. Try to avoid picking similar sounding phrases for different commands, you surely dont want to eject yourself instead of firing a missile :no:

Good profile maskim, continue this job. I suggest use same name of function for command phrase, for example Master Arm is more easy remember "Master Arm" voice command than "Weapon Hot".

And set diferent options, for example for Master Arm On/Off in my beta profile have.

Master Arm

Master Arm On

Master Arm Off

I recommend place phrase in same Function in order short to long in vertical. If not VAC no recognice good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Good profile maskim, continue this job. I suggest use same name of function for command phrase, for example Master Arm is more easy remember "Master Arm" voice command than "Weapon Hot".

Well, thats really just personal preference, i for one love to say weapons hot, it sounds so professional :)

And set diferent options, for example for Master Arm On/Off in my beta profile have.

Master Arm

Master Arm On

Master Arm Off

But why have three different commands? Master arm is just a two way switch, one command would be enough to turn it on and then off again. Of course in that case "weapons hot" wouldn't be a proper name.

I also tried to have a command to quickly tune in to Maykop Radio, and one to tune back to default frequency, but couldn't make that one working as well.

Could you share your profile please? I'm sure i could use some things.

I don't know what version of BS you have.. but I tried your xml file and it was all wrong...

on my version ( US ) the radio key is "\".. you had it as "u", although all of the F keys that followed were right on..

Also, most of the commands you had as 2 different inputs. Such as Lctrl-i, you had broken out as command 1 - Lctrl then command 2 - i, it only works as a single command ( qualifier key Lctrl and i ).... not sure if it's the way the xml file got imported or what.. but it did give me a huge head start and I thank you for your work.

I used it last night and wow.. what a difference. I mainly use it for radio comm.. although I did use it to tag and send datalink targets. Makes things so much easier.

I also assigned a trim function (t) so I can just say trim ( although i used to phrase 'stick'.. kept getting trim and send confused ).. The gear macro is handy too.. that handle is hard to hit with a mouse when you are just taking off or trying to set up for a landing....

Edited by Cezar11

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Always wanted to use this in ArmA and would love to use it in BS, but i was always scared of how much time it will take to setup.

Seems its worth it and with a bit of help on the way from your template i will definatelly do this when i get BS.

Thanks a lot. ;)

It worked amazingly well in ArmA.

I used Shoot 1.6. It was easy as anything to set up and use.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-assault-technical-support-faqs/94083-using-shoot-1-6-voice-recognition-software-armed-assault.html

Ours is not to reason why, but rather to do and die.

A man walks into a zoo. The only animal in the entire zoo is a dog. It's a shitzu

I don't know what version of BS you have.. but I tried your xml file and it was all wrong...

on my version ( US ) the radio key is "\".. you had it as "u", although all of the F keys that followed were right on..

I have a hungarian keyboard setup, so some of the keys are in different places. For example, my "\" key produces a "ű".

I also reassigned a couple of commands in BS to different keys, so this profile is not for the default control setup. There aren't many changes though, except for the collective and cyclic.

Also, most of the commands you had as 2 different inputs.

This is intentional, some commands weren't recognized properly by BS, so i had to break them up into two or more.

I also assigned a trim function (t) so I can just say trim ( although i used to phrase 'stick'.. kept getting trim and send confused ).

Try the training part, where you read the text shown on the screen. The more you train the speech program, the better accuracy you get.

You can find it in control panel/speech, or just right click on vac icon when it's running, select configuration and speech training.

I did three training sessions, and now it won't confuse "sam" with "send" anymore

I did a shoot 1.6.4 profile just for radio comms.

It follows the voice comm menu structure.

It will need some modifying for your activation button as it is set up to "hold to talk" with device 1, button 22 which is a button on my Cougar throttle hotas.

Some of the commands are are changed from the actual menu commands, so you would want to look over the file to see what is different.

Keep in mind this only took under an hour for me to put together. But it should at least save you some time putting together your own by just customizing it a bit.

Black Shark2.zip

• Like 1

Great, I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. If you ever get stuck in a command, you can always just say the F# shortcuts (F1, F2 etc.) as they are in there too.

You'll need them for telling ground control your desired loadouts because I didn't attempt to try to put the actual loadouts in there.

Yes. I can't have the "Ground elec power" command right apparently. It was brillant to add the F# shortcuts in your profile to bypass a possible issue.

Note for non US keyboard user like me, the backslash \ to open ATC window needs to be replaced (i.e by * for the french keyboard).

Additionnaly, as I use Viper's Cougar profile 1.3 for flying BS, I am using the S4 switch (what Viper is using for Teamspeak) to activate voice recognition.

The voice command is "ground electric power" if that helps.

Are you telling me what you had to modify with those other items or did you need some help modifying them?

I'm not usuing any profiles for my Cougar, I'm just running mine in windows mode right now.

I do absolutely love it.... Like many have said.. the comm menu alone is worth the price of admission. Being able to say "vehicle, wing 2, send", then "2 attack datalink" is priceless

Try the training part, where you read the text shown on the screen. The more you train the speech program, the better accuracy you get.

You can find it in control panel/speech, or just right click on vac icon when it's running, select configuration and speech training.

I did three training sessions, and now it won't confuse "sam" with "send" anymore

I've done a few training sessions with it.. but wanted to get into flying :)... i'll train more as I go.

Additionnaly, as I use Viper's Cougar profile 1.3 for flying BS, I am using the S4 switch (what Viper is using for Teamspeak) to activate voice recognition.

I use that profile as well, but am using the S4 switch to turn on/off the flight director

I just leave my VAC running..

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do absolutely love it.... Like many have said.. the comm menu alone is worth the price of admission. Being able to say "vehicle, wing 2, send", then "2 attack datalink" is priceless

I'm glad you like it, the datalink part and commanding my wingmen are my favourite parts as well :thumbup:

I've done a few training sessions with it.. but wanted to get into flying :)... i'll train more as I go.

Unfortunately im waiting for my x52 to arrive, until then i'm just trying to learn all the systems and finishing my VAC profile. Basic flying is doable with a keyboard, but combat manouvers are a pain. I mostly just sit back, send my wingmen to recon and attack, and pop a vikhr every once in a while. But i can't wait to get my hands on the stick, and do the killing myself :)

The voice command is "ground electric power" if that helps.

Are you telling me what you had to modify with those other items or did you need some help modifying them?

I'm not usuing any profiles for my Cougar, I'm just running mine in windows mode right now.

No, it's OK, I used the profile editor 1.5 beta for Shoot and the change in your profile was easy and smooth.

If you are the proud owner of a Cougar, I definitively recommend to use Viper's profile. You can fly the whole mission without touching the keyboard (except start up sequence and gear up). It's a bit hard to learn the different functions of each button, but it is really rewarding once you manage it. After all, this is what a HOTAS is meant for!!

This thing is great it works well i dont have to repeat myself at all

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

i must admit that VAC is a must have....

it rocks and enhance my BS eXperience !

what's a pleasure !!!! and no FPS hit at all !

i use also 2.1.9 like your advice.

Hi

This is just a short demo video made by me to show the advantages of voice commands.

I'm using VAC System 2.1.9 pre release version with a custom made profile, which is far from being ready, but im sharing it anyway, since it's a good base for making your own.

Thanks to Legolasindar, i found his topic here first, when searching for voice command programs.