Does Anyone Run A Combined Arms / Tank / Ground Vehicle Only Server?

DD_Friar

Salute

I was wondering if anyone runs a server with the above content. It would also be good to have enemy hidden on the F10 map and no icons?

I like playing tanks in IL2 (Advance and Secure and Finnish Virtual for those of you that would know) and wondered what a similar experience could be like in DCS

DD_Friar

PS. Not sure if this post is in the right place?

• Like 2

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

It would be great to see a CA server, especially after they redo/update all the infantry units.  If ED made controllable infantry of all types, anti-tank, anti-air, heavy/lite arms etc, in first/third person that would make CA a game all in its self. Of course, all VR supported too.  I don't think it'll happen anytime soon, if at all.  I'm sure if they did, it would bring in so many other players as well.  ED could even charge $50+ for the newer, updated version of it.

• Like 2

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am putting together a server focusing on Combined Arms, but not limited to just CA. It will be a RTS base map with objectives and rewards that only ground units can obtain. I've had to go through several maps to find one that allows CA to perform well on the terrain. I've been working on this in my spare time for about a year. I want to be able to run a server for as long as the battles last. It will be running MIST, Modified CTLD and CSAR. I am really putting things together for helicopters and Combined Arms to be supported by aircraft and not just be a targets for them. You will be able to build and reinforce troops as this is the only way to win territory. Bases will visually be marked to know who is in control to help define the front. I have one friend that is helping with the testing and we are on two to three times a week with the server up for some testing, if you would to join us or just see we are up to, follow my discord link at the end. I have all the mechanics worked out, now I just have to copy and paste the code for each outpost, depot, airfield and chopper base. If anyone has a miz file they would like to run on a server, let me know, I can run it on my server. We do coops mostly that I have put together. If you have any ideas for the server, I am open ears. My discord is kinda a mess right now, but if interested go the say hello text channel and let me know you came from here.

https://discord.gg/q9kVR58gFy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Salute,

I am just turning my thoughts to this scenario again now I have got an understanding of mission building in DCS using the excellent DML tool box, however something has hit me,

I do not know, in multiplayer how a player can select a tank without going via the GAMEMASTER option? 

Is anyone able to nudge me in the right direction please? Is it even possible? I though I had tried all the options?

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

• 1 month later...

Could not find one so did it myself 🙂