Coloring of airfields concrete

Nodak

The coloring of the airfield concrete is off, the buildings are correct for local sourced concrete material, the airfields are wrong.  Been to Cairo West a few times a couple centuries ago and that was a very noticeable feature, so much so it was difficult to find the actual runway.  At the time they had multiple decoy marked runways and taxi ways scratched into the sand, along with multiple derelict badgers and other obsolete aircraft parked as decoys.

Here's a current day Cairo IAP as compared to in game, quite a notable difference.

desert2.jpg

desert.jpg

• Like 3

I agree. In addition, unfortunately, the area around the airport turned out to be very poor, which is very unrealistic. This is generally the problem of many maps in DCS that the color of concrete and the area around it are made like in a cartoon or in a video presentation.

Here is a satellite photo

1.png

Pay attention to the multiple areas of different colors - which creates a sense of realism

2.png

Here they are

3.png

To be honest, because of this, I really don't like the map of the Persian Gulf and refused to buy NTTP, airports look unreal artificially

Edited by Red_Pilot

Meh. Looks like an airport to me.   Seems an odd thing (color of concrete) to to use as a make or break decision on purchasing a map considering the the overall map. But, your call, it’s your money. 
Great looking map, going to be fun to fly and the mission creation will be excellent. 

• Like 8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

54 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

Meh. Looks like an airport to me.   Seems an odd thing (color of concrete) to to use as a make or break decision on purchasing a map considering the the overall map. But, your call, it’s your money. 
Great looking map, going to be fun to fly and the mission creation will be excellent. 

Couldn't agree more, its like cancelling a date because of the color of her nails 😄

• Like 4

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

Аirfields use 4 pavement options, these are new asphalt, old asphalt, new and old concrete.

At the Cairo airfield, this strip turned out to be new, as I understand it, this is new asphalt. And it seems dark, but the albedo of the new asphalt is about the same as that of coal - 4-5%.

I agree that the 05R-23L lane looks more like old asphalt, it will be fixed, thanks!

image.png

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/29/2023 at 5:32 PM, Nodak said:

(...) Been to Cairo West a few times a couple centuries ago and that was a very noticeable feature, so much so it was difficult to find the actual runway.

desert2.jpg

desert.jpg

I am not sure, but I think Cairo Int'l isn't that old..

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 minute ago, OnReTech said:

In real life, yes, but on the new map it is new)

we will check..no worries..🤓

Yep. I know you will. 

I was on about this bit:

Been to Cairo West a few times a couple centuries ago

Couple centuries ago. Just made me smile.

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta