Multi Threading client won't open in Steam VR, it keeps trying to open in Oculus (which I don't want).

noisyboyuk

Hey!

I have an Index and a Quest 2. I usually play DCS in my Index. Using the regular Beta client, this still works absolutely fine.

However, if I try and set the MT version to launch in VR mode, it completely refuses to open in Steam VR on my Index. Instead it keeps opening Oculus Home (even though my Quest isn't plugged in or turned on) and the game still just keeps running in 2D.

If I plug in my Quest 2 and turn it on, it will happily launch right into the Quest in VR mode but I'd much rather use my Index (comfort and FoV).

I saw some comments about Skate zilla's tool (which I'd never heard of until now) but alas, that isn't helping me either as it appears you choose a build by selecting the parent folder for the build, rather than the bin folder containing the .exe.

I also tried opening Steam VR first, then launching the MT client, to no avail.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? It's super challenging even googling for help on this as the search terms are always so broad.

Thanks.

Ps. I'm an absolute novice with DCS - I only play it every now and then so go easy on me with the nomenclature. I'll likely need help with context if there are any super technical answers. Thanks again 🙂

PPs. This is the native DCS client I'm using, not the Steam version.

Edited by noisyboyuk

• noisyboyuk changed the title to Multi Threading client won't open in Steam VR, it keeps trying to open in Oculus (which I don't want).
En 1/4/2023 a las 4:27, noisyboyuk dijo:

Hey!

I have an Index and a Quest 2. I usually play DCS in my Index. Using the regular Beta client, this still works absolutely fine.

However, if I try and set the MT version to launch in VR mode, it completely refuses to open in Steam VR on my Index. Instead it keeps opening Oculus Home (even though my Quest isn't plugged in or turned on) and the game still just keeps running in 2D.

If I plug in my Quest 2 and turn it on, it will happily launch right into the Quest in VR mode but I'd much rather use my Index (comfort and FoV).

I saw some comments about Skate zilla's tool (which I'd never heard of until now) but alas, that isn't helping me either as it appears you choose a build by selecting the parent folder for the build, rather than the bin folder containing the .exe.

I also tried opening Steam VR first, then launching the MT client, to no avail.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? It's super challenging even googling for help on this as the search terms are always so broad.

Thanks.

Ps. I'm an absolute novice with DCS - I only play it every now and then so go easy on me with the nomenclature. I'll likely need help with context if there are any super technical answers. Thanks again 🙂

PPs. This is the native DCS client I'm using, not the Steam version.

Just click right mouse button in your windows bar, select "scheduler administrator" in my spanish rig is "administrador de tareas" and at the services tab search for "OVRservice and OVRlibraryblahblah" and stop this services before launch, problem solved.

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

3 hours ago, draconus said:

Worked perfectly, thanks!

21 minutes ago, firefox121 said:

Just click right mouse button in your windows bar, select "scheduler administrator" in my spanish rig is "administrador de tareas" and at the services tab search for "OVRservice and OVRlibraryblahblah" and stop this services before launch, problem solved.

Thanks, I didn't have to do that in the end, just setting it to openxr in the Steam VR settings as suggested by daconus worked fine. 
Thanks still!

• Like 1