Afterburner not coming on and radar inverted

The Afterburner still doesn't consistently come on for me.  They show advanced physically in the cockpit and fuel usage goes up, but no speed increase and no flame out back.  Seems to happen when I'm flying at max power without AB for a while and then slowly advance to AB.

I also frequently get an inverted radar display.  The ground is at the top and the cursor does not move appropriately.

Let me know if you need logs but pretty sure  everyone will have this.  This is in VR and single or multi thread.

• Like 1

I noticed this in the latest open beta when:

1. I go full burner.
  2. I pull the throttle back to the maximum throttle value before burner, made possible by a physical detent and careful throttle curve tuning.
  3. I push the throttle forward into full burner again. The fuel flow goes very high but the nozzles stays fairly closed.

If I pull the throttle back even the slightest bit more in Step 2, I get the expected behavior in Step 3 with the nozzles opening and increased thrust.

I can post a track in a few hours.

Edited by Sarowa
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 4:42 PM, RustBelt said:

You may need to scooch your throttle setting a bit to get it out of the ambiguous gate position.  

In the past we didn't have this issue.  Is there now a dead zone defined in the throttle movement that's supposed to be there?

The airbrake also randomly doesn't work, so I think there's a bigger issue with the module.

• 2 months later...

I can confirm there seems to be something wrong with the afterburner again. Unfortunately I recorded it in extreme, unstable conditions. But I've got a video and a track. In the track the AB failed to come on at around 1100 s, 1300 s and at the end, followed by a successful AB engagement right at the end. I'll link the video when it's ready. Processing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRDeNaK7OE

I think the video starts past the 1300 s mark in the track. Basically, each time I'm low on speed and AB is OFF it means I'm banging on either PGUP or Numpad+.

Latest OB

keyboard only, no other controller connected to the system, I tried both PGUP and Numpad+. Once the AB bug kicks in, neither will work.

I cought AB lockup loop as well! The engines entered that state right after they failed to go into AB after that crazy stall recovery at 07:00 in the video.

F-5E AB bug Bucic.trk

Edited by Bucic

• 1 month later...