F-15E Strike Eagle Trainer by Vrgineers and Razbam Simulations Arriving 2023

munckmb

I have to  say,I’m more excited about the fact vrgineers are working with DCS Products than anything else here…They make commercial quality VR Headsets and are working with another company to bring a “Home PC” version to the marketplace. 
All a WinWin in my book,I look forward to seeing the reviews of the show later this month 

• Like 1

Patrick

mini.gif

17 hours ago, munckmb said:

... "The F-15E Strike Eagle model was released earlier this year and is available to everyone using Digital Combat Simulator at home." ...

Did I miss something?! 🤔

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

9 hours ago, JumpinK said:

... "The F-15E Strike Eagle model was released earlier this year and is available to everyone using Digital Combat Simulator at home." ...

Did I miss something?! 🤔

They might've either thought that, because of its showcase at the show, it was already released for the public. Could also be that they are thinking of the C for whatever reason but I imagine there are some details they missed when making that post.

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

Vrgineers are doing sterling work in pioneering what XR really should be, they are the only ones with a realistic, practical, and usable solution, so far.  Hope it bleeds over to other affordable consumer sets for folks like us.  Their idea of range limiting the focal point of high res cameras within reaching distance and blending into VR actually works, the room length attempts by the meta idiots doesn't, and never will, since there is no possible way to detect the human eyes current intended focal distance.  What it allows one to do is read and use an actual physical kneeboard and see your controllers while in the VR pit.  Not possible in any others XR attempts at any sort of usable sharpness and focus as of yet. 

On 4/16/2023 at 7:05 PM, JumpinK said:

Did I miss something?! 🤔

was woundering the same, i guess we can call this a "Fake News" lol ! (Its a joke.)

yikes

Screenshot 2023-04-25 083212.jpg

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 4 weeks later...
Am 25.4.2023 um 17:58 schrieb Phantom88:

...but they're working with another VR company to bring a VR headset to The Home PC Market

Idk, I believe it when I see it. Most companies struggle to even provide reasonable headsets below $1000. Meta/Pico headsets are probably among the few strong "budget" headsets, but they are a) nowhere on that that level, and b) heavily subsidized to buy market share.

Edited by Temetre

• 4 weeks later...
Am 19.4.2023 um 17:28 schrieb Nodak:

What it allows one to do is read and use an actual physical kneeboard and see your controllers while in the VR pit.  Not possible in any others XR attempts at any sort of usable sharpness and focus as of yet. 

Maybe not perfect, yet, but it's still pretty impressive, using the masking and blending MPD screens into a physical homecockpit...  Just saying.

https://youtu.be/I1ddz66jDHA

And a use case more addressed to professional use:

https://youtu.be/F4yKM_FgMOE

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)