DCS ST and MT crashing.

Akula108
Go to solution Solved by Akula108,

If you haven't already, try running the two .exe from your "/DCS World OpenBeta/distr/" folder.

If I remember correctly, one of them will fail, because it's already installed.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Wondered if this is what I've observed when troubleshooting my incident... Have seen it several times and wondered why the were 2 instances running.

Screenshot 2023-05-02 110408.jpg

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

If you haven't already, try running the two .exe from your "/DCS World OpenBeta/distr/" folder.

If I remember correctly, one of them will fail, because it's already installed.

I have ran both files, indeed the file named "vc_redist.x64" fails to run properly, and the file named "vcredist_x64" allows me to uninstall or repair, I checked repair and I will post my findings in game soon. 

Update to this thread, the crashing persists after a ~15 minute session yesterday. I have not tested the new openbeta hotfix (will try later this evening) and update this thread again. 
The crash log output was identical to the most recent one I posted two days ago.

"0x00000000001059b5 (d3d11): CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface + 0x10535" 

Edited by Akula108

I just tried playing the MT client after patching to the latest hotfix deployed this morning. Game crashed instantly once I loaded into the cockpit of the F/A-18C. Crash log output is the same, attached below. 

# -------------- 20230505-082722 --------------
DCS/2.8.4.39731 (x86_64; MT; Windows NT 10.0.22621)
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00007ff9cf4059b5 00:00000000
SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: 'D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt;', symOptions: 532, UserName: 'David'
OS-Version: 10.0.22621 () 0x100-0x1
0x00000000001059b5 (d3d11): CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface + 0x10535
0x000000000002db61 (dx11backend): createRenderer + 0x15C51
0x000000000007edcb (edterrainGraphics41): edtg41::TerrainRenderable::dumpRenderItem + 0x69A2B
0x00000000000d630c (edterrainGraphics41): createInstancerRenderable + 0x3885C
0x0000000000033678 (edCore): ed::this_thread::yield + 0x598
0x000000000002448a (edCore): ed::make_render_thread_tasks + 0x1A
0x0000000000107106 (Visualizer): smCamera_Implement::getClipRegion + 0x16996
0x00000000000f6a16 (Visualizer): smCamera_Implement::getClipRegion + 0x62A6
0x000000000010a0f2 (Visualizer): smSceneManager::DestroySceneManager + 0x1542
0x00000000000326b1 (edCore): ed::thread::_get_current_thread_id + 0x71
0x0000000000029363 (ucrtbase): _recalloc + 0xA3
0x00000000000126ad (KERNEL32): BaseThreadInitThunk + 0x1D

dcs.20230505-082722.crash

I've tried flying low over London after this latest update. Oh and Damascus as well. I run the MT thing in stable version and my settings are pretty high there (and I'll keep them at that, thank you). Anyways, my GPU (Nvidia 3090Ti) goes hot after 3 or 4 minutes of low flying (really low flying OK) - going up from 55C rapidly and topping at 75C. And then it shuts down. So it's black screen 😀 Happens over BOTH Damascus and London, with a Spit of course. I've also noticed how quickly the GPU recovers if you go skywards. It can go from 70C to 60C in ten seconds or so.

So then, I'm VERY happy with the performance we've gotten but my GPU obviously can't handle big cities anymore. And I won't do anything about it because it works just fine with everything else (IL-2 modern and old). I could of course try lowering the graphic settings but I'd rather not.

Cheers

vor 11 Stunden schrieb SFC Tako:

I've tried flying low over London after this latest update. Oh and Damascus as well. I run the MT thing in stable version and my settings are pretty high there (and I'll keep them at that, thank you). Anyways, my GPU (Nvidia 3090Ti) goes hot after 3 or 4 minutes of low flying (really low flying OK) - going up from 55C rapidly and topping at 75C. And then it shuts down. So it's black screen 😀 Happens over BOTH Damascus and London, with a Spit of course. I've also noticed how quickly the GPU recovers if you go skywards. It can go from 70C to 60C in ten seconds or so.

So then, I'm VERY happy with the performance we've gotten but my GPU obviously can't handle big cities anymore. And I won't do anything about it because it works just fine with everything else (IL-2 modern and old). I could of course try lowering the graphic settings but I'd rather not.

Cheers

You're hijacking another thread here. And you say, you have a hardware issue, mainly a bad cooling on your GPU but won't do anything about it and compare DCS with another game where you think it is comparable (which it in fact isn't). So what's that all about? Get your cooling sorted and you're good.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Akula108:

Update: Rebuilt C drive files and still crashes, at this point I'm just considering waiting for the next openbeta patch to see if the issue is resolved. I could run the last multithreaded patch just fine. 

I've read your issue that you opened up with ED and came here as you posted a link.

That error that you get is definitely a hardware / driver thing. You won't fix it with anything else but working on them.

Did you try to remove the driver with DDU already or do you by chance use the studio driver?

Here is a link for some more ideas, especially the registry fix you can try, too:

https://thegeekpage.com/dxgi-error-device-removed/

Edited by Special K

1 hour ago, Special K said:

You're hijacking another thread here. And you say, you have a hardware issue, mainly a bad cooling on your GPU but won't do anything about it and compare DCS with another game where you think it is comparable (which it in fact isn't). So what's that all about? Get your cooling sorted and you're good.

I've read your issue that you opened up with ED and came here as you posted a link.

That error that you get is definitely a hardware / driver thing. You won't fix it with anything else but working on them.

Did you try to remove the driver with DDU already or do you by chance use the studio driver?

Here is a link for some more ideas, especially the registry fix you can try, too:

I've ran DDU already but I have not tried modifying my registry, I will try these and post here again. 

3 hours ago, Special K said:

Hello SpecialK,

I ran the registry fix and uninstalled geforce experience and one of the two seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you for the registry suggestion as I would not have thought of it myself. I will keep monitoring gameplay for the next day or two before marking an answer and closing the thread. So far, I have been able to play two multiplayer lives with almost all graphics turned up. 

• Like 1

Update: I seem to have isolated the crashing to the GeForce experience app but only with the in-game overlay enabled, quite unfortunate as I wanted to use that as my main source of recording and measuring performance metrics. I don't really know what causes the app to conflict with DCS. 

Edited by Akula108
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Solution

I am happy to share that after disabling the in-game overlay of GeForce Experience, I have been able to play DCS on Multithreading for the past two days in single-player and multi-player without any crash issues. 

Edited by Akula108
Edited for spelling errors.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
En 9/5/2023 a las 11:44, Akula108 dijo:

I am happy to share that after disabling the in-game overlay of GeForce Experience, I have been able to play DCS on Multithreading for the past two days in single-player and multi-player without any crash issues. 

this dont fix the crashes for me

• Like 1