Pretense - Dynamic Campaign

Hey guys,

Probably a dumb question but one of our members was editing the mission to see if the Hercules would work on the mission and while it doesn't crash the game, the cargo door is not being detected when it is time to load some cargo.

Anything we are missing here?

p.s. I searched the forums without luck so far.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

13 minutes ago, strikers_blade said:

Hey guys,

Probably a dumb question but one of our members was editing the mission to see if the Hercules would work on the mission and while it doesn't crash the game, the cargo door is not being detected when it is time to load some cargo.

Anything we are missing here?

p.s. I searched the forums without luck so far.

The mod needs to be added to the server too for it to work. 

If the server doesn't have it, it doesn't know about the animations on the model and the script running in the mission on the server can't access the state of the animation.

Pretense v1.7.1 - 23 Feb 2024

• Target smoke CMD now only available on revealed zones
  • Fixed tanker speed defined in knots instead of m/s leading to high orbit speeds
  • Temporary fix to restore old Group.getByName behaviour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hello I want to report a interesting bug of mirage f1 in this dynamic campain.

In the Syria cw cold start version. If I enable the persistense function(sp player),I cannot get the spherical indicator aligned even though the cap warning light is off.  In other mission or client it does work,so I am pretty sure is not something due to my start procedure. 

I wonder if it has something to do with the persistense function?

• 3 weeks later...

Dzsekeb,

I want to reset the campaign from the beginning. How do I do this? I tried deleting the "pretense_1.6.json" file in the saves folder, but then DCS crashes when I try to start the mission. 😕

Edited by MarvK

On 10/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, Dzsekeb said:

Hi, 

Regarding GCI. I've added some REDFOR aircrafts for small PVP functionality. Where can I enable GCI to be active for RED side when spawned in REDFOR? 

I see a line in init.lua, but that's probably for the whole mission.

Edited by Bazz_Mulder

Kowalsky

- "Fox 3" means that you have commitment issues

Hey 👋  

We've been trying Pretense for a couple of weeks on our own server and it's awesome! But we can't seem to use the cmd tokens. Every time we try we get a 'there are no valid targets' message. We've tried using it in the air, or on the ground at a friendly zone, but nothing.

Are we doing something stupid? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

In Syria mission, choosing a new F18 slot on carrier and the ship appears to be keeling over heavily, to the point the aircraft slides of the deck unless held in place by power or brakes. Is the ship in a heavy turn, or possibly been holed by something?

On 3/29/2024 at 6:26 PM, Stonkernz said:

In Syria mission, choosing a new F18 slot on carrier and the ship appears to be keeling over heavily, to the point the aircraft slides of the deck unless held in place by power or brakes. Is the ship in a heavy turn, or possibly been holed by something?

Disregard..it's the aircraft slipping on the carrier when spawning in with the carrier in a turn. I just wait until level again before accepting the slot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Tell me how to add planes to this cool company on the red side for clients? Will there be any imbalance if I just add client planes to the red coalition?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick::pilotfly::thumbup:

Windows: Windows 10

Memory (RAM): 32 Gb

CPU Info: Ryzen 7 1700X

Display Adapters: RTX 2080 SUPER

Fritreck

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

16 minutes ago, BAXuTOB said:

Hello! Tell me how to add planes to this cool company on the red side for clients? Will there be any imbalance if I just add client planes to the red coalition?

To my knowledge you can just add them in the mission editor and fly 🙂

• Like 1

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

30 минут назад, Wizard1393 сказал:

Насколько я знаю, их можно просто добавить в редактор миссий и летать.🙂

But what about the tasks for the Reds? and another question: how to add aircraft mods to the server?

Edited by BAXuTOB

Fritreck

14 hours ago, BAXuTOB said:

But what about the tasks for the Reds? and another question: how to add aircraft mods to the server?

Hm, thats true. The AI will work normally, but I'm not sure the client missions and such works for RED. About mods I don't know. I think according to documentation a few mods are supported.

• Like 1

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

2 минуты назад, Wizard1393 сказал:

Хм, это правда. ИИ будет работать нормально, но я не уверен, что клиентские миссии и тому подобное работают для RED. Насчет модов не знаю. Я думаю, согласно документации, поддерживается несколько модов.

Understood thanks!

Fritreck

Yeah, it's such a shame, his content has been awesome. I understand his reasons though. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wizard1393 said:

his content has been awesome.

It still is. Let's enjoy Dz's phenomenal contributions as long as we can. All the best from me to Dz, and a big, heartfelt THANK YOU. You made a difference, and we'll hopefully see you again!

• Like 5

There are some people here in this community that truly contribute  remarkable work, whether it be Mods, Script files, or Mission work. Dzsekeb is right up there. Awesome work  that has brought a lacking favor in DCS Missions, Thank you. 

Yes hopefully we will see you soon again. All the best DZ. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alkaline said:

Can i play this on singleplayer? Like, load the mission in singleplayer, or is it required to have a MP server?

Works fine in SP, just bear in mind you'll have to work hard on your own, but it is great fun  🙂

14900KS | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

If you have sufficient CPU and ram then run a local private multiplayer server and join that instead of just playing the mission single player, get much better CPU usage this way 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.