Pretense - Dynamic Campaign

1 hour ago, Reccelow said:

I'm still having success with Moose and Airboss in each iteration.  Also using Moose SPAWN for recurring carrier Barcap and strike.  Using Moose 279 (dev branch).  Looking forward to trying the MANTIS

So.... just a bit confused here... loading MOOSE on default Pretense will make you loose default missions creations... becasuse CSAR and SEAD global functions are present on both frameworks. What was you workaround for this?

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I haven't used any workarounds. I set Moose, Airboss, and my extra spawns at the top of the list as Mission Start (I assume they execute first?)

I can send you those scripts too if you want to try them.

And yes, I get complete Pretense missions, options,  XP awards all from the carrier.  See my earlier post on how to add a carrier to the mission.

PretenseTriggerSetup.JPG

Edited by Reccelow
spelling

Pretense v1.3.1 - 15 July 2023

• Accept/Join at the end of the dial menu is now autodetected as long as the code is correct
  • Removed digits 6-9 of dial menu to reduce size of menu. Mission generation adjusted to not use these digits

These changes are to reduce the number of options in the radio menu. With a large number of players, too large of a radio menu can cause server crashes.

Edited by Dzsekeb
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Reccelow said:

I haven't used any workarounds. I set Moose, Airboss, and my extra spawns at the top of the list as Mission Start (I assume they execute first?)

I can send you those scripts too if you want to try them.

And yes, I get complete Pretense missions, options,  XP awards all from the carrier.  See my earlier post on how to add a carrier to the mission.

PretenseTriggerSetup.JPG

Yes please, I woudl really appreciate if you share your miz with me !

PS: oh actually got it... your MOOSE.lua is loaded before Pretense... so that the last functions call for CSAR/SEAD are from Pretense. While this is indeed something working, would be good for you to know there are these functions overlaps in case you want to extend the Moose functionalities...

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

No problem, here you go.  Note the heavy mod usage too, you'll need to get these or edit them out of the Mission file.   As I play single only, I've added lots of AI help: Barcaps, CAS, wild weasels and patriots batteries for bluefor...

["requiredModules"] = 
    {
        ["SAM Sites Asset Pack"] = "SAM Sites Asset Pack",
        ["Massun92-Assetpack"] = "Massun92-Assetpack",
        ["CLP_P8_MOD"] = "CLP_P8_MOD",
        ["FRENCHPACK"] = "FRENCHPACK",
        ["Navy Equipment"] = "Navy Equipment",
        ["NASAMS 3 SAM"] = "NASAMS 3 SAM",
        ["S_70B_Seahawk"] = "S_70B_Seahawk",
        ["CLP_UH60A_MOD"] = "CLP_UH60A_MOD",
        ["USNS Patuxtent"] = "USNS Patuxtent",
        ["Military Aircraft Mod"] = "Military Aircraft Mod",
        ["Modernized US Navy Ships by Currenthill"] = "Modernized US Navy Ships by Currenthill",
        ["EA_6B"] = "EA_6B",
        ["MIM_104_Patriot"] = "MIM_104_Patriot",
    }, -- end of ["requiredModules"]

Mod3_Pretense1.1.11.miz

• Thanks 1

Pretense Caucasus v1.3.2 - 17 July 2023

• Reduced speed of tankers
  • Replaced S-3B tanker with KC-130
  • Reaching certain ranks now awards a few CMD points
  • GCI now includes target aspect
  • GCI limited to top 10 contacts
  • GCI now reports altitude in segments of 250m instead of 1000m (if metric is used)
  • Increased spread of SAM spawns from 150m to 300m
  • AI Helicopters will now attempt to engage ground units they encounter on their route, not just at their destination
  • Added option to randomize the state of the zones when starting a new save (see section 6.2 of the manual)

Having a good time with this. Just curious if AI (friendly) CAP flights ever spawn? ( single player). Every New mission start I try, for testing the randomness, seems to start spawning a couple of awacs, and a tanker which usually get shot down almost right away due to enemy fighters which seem to spawn fairly quickly. I left one mission running for a couple hours and I had several a-10’s for cas and f-16’s for sead, helis, infantry, convoys, but no CAP flights were ever produced to assist lol  Love the concept though! Great job!

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

6 hours ago, MadKreator said:

Having a good time with this. Just curious if AI (friendly) CAP flights ever spawn? ( single player). Every New mission start I try, for testing the randomness, seems to start spawning a couple of awacs, and a tanker which usually get shot down almost right away due to enemy fighters which seem to spawn fairly quickly. I left one mission running for a couple hours and I had several a-10’s for cas and f-16’s for sead, helis, infantry, convoys, but no CAP flights were ever produced to assist lol  Love the concept though! Great job!

They do spawn, but what is being built by each zone is picked randomly from what is viable. But, the enemy has more airfields at the start and has more chances to build patrols then blue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dzsekeb said:

They do spawn, but what is being built by each zone is picked randomly from what is viable. But, the enemy has more airfields at the start and has more chances to build patrols then blue.

Okay, makes perfect sense. I was just curious. Probably best to add myself a wingman or two in ME for early game… Which brings up another thought.

—-If I do add a wingman and they get shot down, can I go back into ME and add another at anytime? Or change an existing “client” aircraft to be part of my group without breaking the game/ mission? 

Another thought, I noticed yesterday a couple harriers I had got into a scuffle with a mig 31, I was just watching the ai just for fun, and even though they both had aim-9’s and one got right behind the mig, easily long enough to get a shot off, it didn’t shoot. The MiG ended up taking both harriers out because all they did is evade. Same went with the SEAD f-16’s. They launched all of their agm’s,  still had A/A ordinance, but didn’t try to even engage the incoming su-27’s. Just cruised back to land and both got taken out.

—-Is it written in the mission that the ai will only try to execute their given task? Or is that just behavior solely the DCS AI doing its thing? I know nothing about mission making, just curious.

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

2 hours ago, MadKreator said:

Okay, makes perfect sense. I was just curious. Probably best to add myself a wingman or two in ME for early game… Which brings up another thought.

—-If I do add a wingman and they get shot down, can I go back into ME and add another at anytime? Or change an existing “client” aircraft to be part of my group without breaking the game/ mission? 

Another thought, I noticed yesterday a couple harriers I had got into a scuffle with a mig 31, I was just watching the ai just for fun, and even though they both had aim-9’s and one got right behind the mig, easily long enough to get a shot off, it didn’t shoot. The MiG ended up taking both harriers out because all they did is evade. Same went with the SEAD f-16’s. They launched all of their agm’s,  still had A/A ordinance, but didn’t try to even engage the incoming su-27’s. Just cruised back to land and both got taken out.

—-Is it written in the mission that the ai will only try to execute their given task? Or is that just behavior solely the DCS AI doing its thing? I know nothing about mission making, just curious.

Only single aircraft player groups are supported I'm afraid, having multiple aircraft in the same group can brake some of the scripting.

The AI is given directions what to attack and where, past that what they do is mostly up to the DCS AI.

3 hours ago, Abburo said:

@Dzsekeb The new GCI function would have any impact if I'm gonna to disable it, despite the obvious one that report will not be presented to users?

You should be able to just comment out the line initializing it. Shouldn't affect anything.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dzsekeb said:

Only single aircraft player groups are supported I'm afraid, having multiple aircraft in the same group can brake some of the scripting.

The AI is given directions what to attack and where, past that what they do is mostly up to the DCS AI.

You should be able to just comment out the line initializing it. Shouldn't affect anything.

Good enough for me😃Thanks for the heads up! Guess I’ll just have to be more tactical and use a wider range of aircraft. No easy way out😂

Hello.  Currently new to this series so thank you for your efforts!  Had a couple of stabs at it and it's fun so far.  Appreciate the Syria edition.

Question if I may:

If adding my own aircraft I had the missions freeze up after adding additional slots.  Testing this further i see i had to name the aircrafts a very specific way i believe.  Is this a requirement?  I see F18 were missing so was trying to add this and the Apache into the mix...  I also assume we need to add it to all respective Airports, correct?

Additionally we should NOT replace existing placements of client aircrafts?

Thanks

Edited by JCae2798

Just stumbled upon this and it looks cool. I'm obviously missing something, possibly obvious. But when I select a mission, CAS for example, how do I know where I actually need to go to complete the mission. There's a ton of waypoints already preset, but no reference in the mission info as to what WPT relates to my current mission.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, zildac said:

Just stumbled upon this and it looks cool. I'm obviously missing something, possibly obvious. But when I select a mission, CAS for example, how do I know where I actually need to go to complete the mission. There's a ton of waypoints already preset, but no reference in the mission info as to what WPT relates to my current mission.

WPT are not setup by the mission you select.  They are preprogrammed to understand zones?  Check out the Kneeboard section of the help guide...

4.1 Kneeboard

Your kneeboard contains a few pages covering the location of each zone, in alphabetical order. These are added to the end of the default kneeboard pages, in reverse order, so that they're easier to find by going backwards from the default kneeboard page.

Should your plane support waypoints, you will also find which waypoint each zone is assigned to by default.

Some planes have a limited amount of waypoints, and they wont have all zones programmed in.

The Ka-50 waypoints are always offset by 1, as waypoint 1 is considered the start position of the aircraft.

Every time I start a Mission, I get the following message: "Persistence Disabled".  I have checked my Scripts file 3 times, and the  MissionScripting Lua file has been changed and is correct. 

do
    sanitizeModule('os')
    --sanitizeModule('io')
    --sanitizeModule('lfs')
    _G['require'] = nil
    _G['loadlib'] = nil
    _G['package'] = nil
end

Am I doing something wrong? 

On 7/24/2023 at 3:02 AM, 4eyes said:

Every time I start a Mission, I get the following message: "Persistence Disabled".  I have checked my Scripts file 3 times, and the  MissionScripting Lua file has been changed and is correct. 

do
    sanitizeModule('os')
    --sanitizeModule('io')
    --sanitizeModule('lfs')
    _G['require'] = nil
    _G['loadlib'] = nil
    _G['package'] = nil
end

Am I doing something wrong? 

That looks correct.

Are you running single player? Any script errors in your dcs.log file ?

On 7/22/2023 at 11:08 PM, JCae2798 said:

Hello.  Currently new to this series so thank you for your efforts!  Had a couple of stabs at it and it's fun so far.  Appreciate the Syria edition.

Question if I may:

If adding my own aircraft I had the missions freeze up after adding additional slots.  Testing this further i see i had to name the aircrafts a very specific way i believe.  Is this a requirement?  I see F18 were missing so was trying to add this and the Apache into the mix...  I also assume we need to add it to all respective Airports, correct?

Additionally we should NOT replace existing placements of client aircrafts?

Thanks

Names and placement of client aircraft do not matter. You can freely add and remove them.

F18 and Apache are missing from the Syria Cold War mission, because they are not fit for that era.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, zildac said:

The mission info gives you either coordinates, or a zone name if its location specific. If you do not get location info in the description then the mission can be completed anywhere.

Waypoints are set for each zone for convenience. Kneeboard contains cards, listing positions of each zone in alphabetical order, together with their waypoints.